CTO/Developer for Add-On Manager

Hey guys and gals,

I’m looking for a developer who can develop an add-on very similar to the functionality of “Blender Add-On Manager” with a log in feature like the Sketchfab Add-On.

I’ve reached out to this dev, Nutti, and am in conversation with him as well, but he may be too busy.

Here is a link to the add-on that is similar to what I want to do:

Here is the Sketchfab Add-on:

Basically, we have a platform to get/buy add-ons, and I would want to be able to, inside of Blender, have the user log in to their account and then be able to access all of their purchases (similar to the Sketchfab add-on).

We have a server so we’d need to tie it into our REST API.

From there, the user could browse, install or update their add-ons that they have purchased (similar to the Blender Add-On Manager).

Eventually, I’d love for them to be able to purchase straight from inside Blender, but that is not necessary right now, there can just be a link to the platform, for now, that opens their browser.

This is a deferred paid opportunity, but depending on your skills and needs, I’m happy to discuss some sort of monthly stipend until we are profitable.

I think for me, ideally, I would find someone who is passionate about the project and would want to join me as a partner long-term, sort of like a CTO. I don’t know exactly how much something like this would cost, or how long it would take to build, but it seems like it wouldn’t be that difficult for someone with the right skill set, especially since there is a template you can fork from.

You can respond here, send me a message on BA, discord me at Alex Pearce#0162 or email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!