cuda 5.1 for kepler

It’s in the help menu on the info editor.

It’s in the “Window” menu in the info editor now in recent SVNs.

Not a single warning. I also found a build on graphicall.org.

win32-46646-CUDA-3.0. Generally it works but… only when a single layer is rendered. anything more it crashes. “The NVIDIA OpneGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue. The application must close.” And that is all :frowning:

Mike pan’s BMW 42s, not the greatest, but still 32bit and CUDA-3.0

There must be more power in this, that is for sure (ok wishful thinking :P)

Ok… finally got the proper window up.

CUDA error: Unknown Error in cuCtxSynchronize()
CUDA error: Unknown Error in cuMemFree(Cuda_device_ptr(mem.device_pointer))

(A few times)

Well, any progress?

Zaden :frowning: No matter what I do… same error over and over. Tried various drivers and nothing. Did I miss something? some extra software? Or is it compilation issue?

Guys…this CUDA 5 SDK is in alpha state…it won’t be used for the official releases anyway for now. So let’s wait a few weeks until this is publicly available as Beta release.

Well for me it does not matter if it is Cuda 3.0 4.0 5.0 … I just want to be able to Blend on my 680 :slight_smile: So if anyone has a good build to test, I’m all for it.

the one that semi works only works when I render one layer… Anything more it crashes… My mesh is complex enough that I do not wish to dump it on one layer.

For 6xx cards it’s best to use the Toolkit 4.2 for now. Thats the one we will probably use for the Blender 2.64 release. So test, test, test and report issues please.

Well if anyone will build one, I sure will test it :slight_smile:

So has anyone made any Blender build for Windows 7 x64 with support for GTX 680?

Has anyone tried the newest cuda 5 release candidate?

Hello Forum,

I’m a relatively “new” blenderer and have a GTX680 (overclocked to something… +136Core and +380Mem) If you want me to try / test anything, please let me know (email: [email protected]). I’m running Win7 64bit. Cheers

The CUDA 5 SDK RC is released for 64 bit now:
http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-pre-production
Anyone have a CUDA 5 friendly Blender build for testing w a GTX 670?

win32 CUDA 5 (RC) build (Fermi and up)

During a quick test on a Fermi GPU, this build was around 30% slower than a build against CUDA 4.0.

That not sounds good… Maybe nvidia want from as to buy quadro not GTX cards for rendering… becayse GTX are speed same like quadro…

That is correct. Expect the GTX 5xx-series of Nvidia cards to be the last generation of fast cards for GPU rendering.

How does that have anything to do with the CUDA SDK? They have a new compiler, that may be the reason for the performance degradation. I don’t see a reason why this should be different Quadro/Tesla.

The GTX6xx/GK104 cards are slower not because they are cut-down, but because they are a different architecture. NVIDIA also has a Tesla product (K10) based on the GK104 and it has the same weaknesses, that’s why they are marketing it as a dual-chip card only for certain use-cases (signal-processing, single-precision).
When NVIDIA releases a consumer version of their next (GK110) architecture, then we will see whether they are deliberately limiting its use for rendering. Rendering however is only one of the minor use-cases for GPGPU and there are a lot of features exclusive to Tesla that are relevant only for datacenters/clusters, so I don’t think that is even necessary.

K20 are starting to come out on listings, at a price slightly higher then K10, so I am wondering what the deal is with these cards and what real life GPU rendering power they will offer.

I intend to have a try at both K10 and K20 with Cycles as soon as I can get my hand on these!

Gilles

@hoverkraft, if you’re going for the 580s atleast here in Sweden they’ve removed 'em from the market :frowning: and not ordering in new ones. but I found first two, then another of same brand from swedens ebay. for like 250eur á piece from gamers. they’re selling their 580s to buy 680s.

and they work currently best in blender/cycles afaik. super happy with them even if they where used. both sellers didn’t OC their cards. and it was the 3GB versions.