Cuda Settings Question

For the longest time I have been modelling and rendering BI and Cycles (CPU) on a LinuxMint System. I haven’t been rendering with GPU for a while and I am interested in doing this more often.

In the User Preferences > System > Compute Device: doesn’t recognize that I have a Quadro.

In the past I remember solving the problem but I never wrote the solution down for future reference. If I remember correctly I am supposed to enable my system for “Cuda”.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

From here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Cycles/GPU_Rendering

“We support graphics cards starting from GTX 4xx (computing capability 2.0). Computing capability 1.x cards are no longer supported, but you may still be able to compile experimental builds with a limited feature set”

That would fit one from: Quadro Plex 7000, Quadro 4000, 5000, 6000; Quadro 600, 2000; Quadro K600, Quadro K2000, Quadro K4000, Quadro K5000, Quadro K6000.

All the rest of the bunch need specifically built Blender; you could see if graphicall.org has one for your OS (32, 64 bit, AMD, Intel?).

I got it to work with an NVIDIA app that I found on the Linux Software Manager. But thanks anyway.

I can’t remember how to mark this thread solved.

It really has been a long time since I posted a question on this forum.

Hi, could you explain what you are doing with this “NVIDIA app”?
Mark solve in editing first post manually, they have change it after new forum design.

Cheer, mib.