Cups in physics

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been looking around the net and seen a number of videos where items are stored in hollow containers such as cups or jars where various objects are stored in them and collide using the bullet physics settings in Blender. I was hoping to replicate this kind of effect but I couldn’t get items to stay inside the modeled container, they would simply go through the sides of the object. Having a look at an old blender wiki page it said that Blender cannot support hollow objects in the physics settings but I have seen that this is achievable. I presume this may be done through scripting but am really not sure. I have searched around on the net and found nothing to assist me. Does anyone know how this can be achieved? Any links or tutorials to get me going would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

It works for me. My guess is your problem comes from the physics setting on your ‘Cup’, I left mine as static with no Collision Bounds because it’s a simple model, but if it’s complicated you’d need to use one of the options like Convex Hull.

Download
CupExample.blend

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=30604

ahh thank you. You were right! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.