Curve based Texturing

Does anyone know if you can use a bezier curve to blend textures? I would like to use a curve to create a rocky path in the middle of some muddy terrain. That way you could have, say, 2ft of falloff but still be able to adjust the path without needing to repaint a map. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

If I wanted to set something like that up, I would probably do it using vertex weight proximity → UV warp to read the vertex weight group in my nodes. (UV warp from 1,0,0 to 0,0,0, on a fresh UV map with everything at 0,0,0, and you can read UV.x to get the vertex group weight.) As interpolated vertex data, requires a bit of vertex density to get any real precision.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. I was trying to set it up on a large plane of just four vertices. I guess I will just have to settle for painting some maps. I might also look into UV dynamic painting. It’s been a while since I have experimented with that feature.

Dynamic paint will work, but a) it’s overkill, since what you’re describing isn’t actually animated and b) you basically need to bake it, rather than having it dynamically respond to changes you do without the timeline running. It’s dynamic in terms of Blender’s frames, not in terms of real time.