"curve deform" or brush in photoshop or Gimp ?

hey , i need to know how to make the joints of a t-shirt to follow a curve , or maybe a brush would do the job , does anyone know how to do this ?

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/fa18108ab55b153b87d5d5c1ee9fec4a6g.jpg

um… I didn’t,
but then I looked and found the curve bend tool under filters :stuck_out_tongue:
you might want to create the “tshirt” as a separate layer (and include a transparency)
you could also try jwarp (its fun)
(see screeny that’s attached)

Attachments

cool , but i need something with more presition and that i can make also circles, and that i can long patterns over lines independently from the original shape , so that i doesnt get blurry when is a long shape .

thanx.

Why not use Blender to get your shape, set up the texture in the materials and then render out to rgba and premul in targa? You could then manipulate the orientation of your texture as well as set up shaded or non shaded versions to use as different layers in gimp.

I know you want the other app to do it, but really how precise is a 2d app going to be in simulating a 3d app’s output? This is why I took on Blender to begin with, to augment my Photoshop/Illustrator work with more realistic 3d content.

I think you could use a bezier curve to get your shape, use another bezier a a bevel object, setting it as the profile shape you want, and then once you have curve the way you want, set up the material with the image as a texture. You might want to convert to mesh, maybe not.

Good luck, and nice call on the jwarp :slight_smile:

edit: looks liek it was easier setting up with uv mapped image and using a curve modifier on a multiple loop cut mesh - set up an example file for you. Fun stuff. I didn’t set the material as shadeless yet, but you should be able to manipulate the file however you want.

Attachments

curve_modifier_mesh_uv_image_tex.blend (158 KB)

man thanx for the file , i didnt know what you was talking about , now i see , yes this could be a way to do it , but , anyway i want this for PS , so when im working in PS i want to go out of it as less a posible to check changes etc…

so this way its great actaully , but i need to figure out how to do it inside PS or gimp.

Well, working with Photoshop I save a png from the open layers in view of my work to my desktop, then open Blender and set up camera view from top and orthographic and set the camera size to the same as the scale of my png. I then add the png to my background display, and model my object to add to photoshop.

Because I save the image as rgba with targa, I can then go back to photoshop and open the targa there and drag into a new layer. Sometimes it is really better to render to a higher resolution by determining how many pixels I need and setting up the render to be divisible by 300 pixels each way (when I want print quality).

Good luck on your project :slight_smile:

Thanx man !

I’m finding that Open EXR used with the photoshop plugin is actually better to work with at 16 bit instead of 8 bit targa. You might try that since it is native to Blender in the background - the exr is what you are working with before you turn it into targa or png or tiff from Blender.