Curve Deform.

When I parent a mesh to the curve the mesh is collapsed into a flat object that follows the curve. Front, Back and 3D are on and I downloaded DotBlend’s file but can’t see anything I havn’t done. Happens with Bez and Nurbs.

%<

Happens to me too. The only way I could fix it is to change the setting in the Object (F7) menu to Track X instead of Y for the object you want to deform.

Hope this is clear enough.

hmm…

changing to trackX does work, but the mesh is then rotated around 90 degrees (in front mode)

this didnt happen in the CVS builds…

hmm…

posibly a bug?

~Delta

Thanks FP… well DotBlend (CVS build) has his set at -Z (the first dash) and I can only get a hollow mesh by setting it to Z or -Z. This may just be due to the view in which I added either the object or the curve, or both, so which track you choose is relative to (I presume) the global Loc/Rot of the curve.
But this throws the object way off it’s original coordinates. I expected to be able to add the curve inside the object, set up the curvature, parent it and have the effect happen in situ. Not have the object hop halfway across the screen.
I don’t expect Alt-G to have any effect as nothing has been translated since being added but Ctrl-A on either the object or the curve throws the whole thing out of whack.
What we have here is a failure to communicate, the curves just aint communicatin whith theeir chillins.

%<