[Custom Build] Blender Fracture Modifier

@drgci have you read back up this thread to see our prior detailed answers to your question which theApe paraphrased quite well? 2.8 is not stable for many things still and will not be for quite a while if you read and go by the bug reports. Plumber’s patches are being made for things that need to be reworked properly still for 2.81 and beyond. The devs themselves have said this.

We have given some workflows to use 2.79b --> 2.8 but we are not supporting 2.8 FM directly at all so we and Scorp more specifically can maintain our sanity as 2.8 is changing continuously still in ways it affects the FM directly. Repeatedly fixing the FM while chasing the wind with 2.8 being repeatedly and continuously fixed is a waste of time by anyone’s measure. We also are refactoring and have a lot of work to prep FM for inclusion since we have our own list of hacks. We instead are focusing on some new technologies we are implementing for the FM that will blow people away… (pun intended! lol :wink:

So I’m curious drgci as to what you want to use the FM for specifically in 2.8 that is creating such a sense of urgency? Are you making destruction animations for games and want the ease of Eevee rendering? Are you inspired by Kai’s work and providing destruction animations to clients? I am and we as a team are really curious to hear what FM users are doing and how it will be used by 2.8 users. This is really important for us in our development and specifically for me as I rework the UI/UX of the helper addon and FM panels with Scorp, plus the new documentation I will have to spend hours upon hours developing.

So help me and the team out and let us know what work you and anyone else will be doing with the FM once it is in 2.8. This is a great chance to give back to the team. Any feedback you guys can give on how we can focus the FM to provide you guys with the best project tool is greatly appreciated and saves us time and effort. We really like hearing from you guys that are using the FM on interesting and important projects.

I’m really curious to see who want’s to use it for gaming animations in 2.8 so is that what you want to do with it drgci? Anybody else also fee free to let us know, we appreciate the feedback.

Fracture ON!

3 Likes