I am presenting a custom blender build (Codename: Blender Pigeon) with some small modifications that are not possible without getting the hands dirty with Blender source.
Blender release 2.79 (October 24th):
- Replaced own cycles network code with code from https://developer.blender.org/D2808
- Added an optional alternate method for face group removal on bmesh boolean modifier.
- Added wireframe overlay patch from https://codereview.appspot.com/6202058/
- Added new option to wireframe color source to use object’s first material viewport color.
- Object and edit mode preselection from EWOC preselection build.
- Added option to select mouse button, disable splash and save changes on the splash screen.
- Added option to display normals on selected and preselected elements only.
- Basic support for painting through mesh in vertex paint mode using ‘Limit selection to visible’ option in view 3D header (like in weight paint mode).
- Added more options to wireframe coloring:
- Wireframe coloring options now have their own panel.
- Exclude active makes the active object use the blender default color instead of wireframe color active. In that case the selected objects will use wireframe color active instead of selected for greater contrast.
- Exclude selected makes all selected objects, including active, be drawn with default blender color.
- Wire color source is only enabled when exclude selected is enabled. It lets the user select the color used for coloring wires. The available options are Normal, Select, Active, Object. The first three use the themable custom wireframe color and if used correctly it works a bit like changing the brightness of wires. The last uses the Object color as source.
Increased subdivide max cuts from 100 to 1000.
Added a small fix for direction (normal vector) property that sometimes draws incorrectly.
Added a button on the view header to hide the 3d cursor on current view.
Added a button on the view header to lock the 3d cursor on current view.
Added an operator to hide the 3d cursor on current view. (currently not assigned to a key but can be configured on preferences)
Added an operator to lock the 3d cursor on current view. (currently not assigned to a key but can be configured on preferences)
Added a checkbox on the view properties panel to hide the 3d cursor on current view.
Added a checkbox on the view properties panel to lock the 3d cursor on current view.
Added a checkbox on the view properties panel to hide the 2d grid on current view.
Default rotation mode for bones is now XYZ Euler.
Removed the name from the object mode select button.
Implemented object custom wireframe colors using the bone color sets available on blender.
Hability to disable the confirmation popup on some operators. A lot of popups are not modified in this patch, just the ones listed below.
Popup disabled by default (configurable on preferences)
Popup disabled on DEL key (configurable on preferences)
Popup enabled by default (configurable on preferences)
Screenshot showing some features:
Temporarily removed modifications (need to think more about those):
- Experimental code to draw node link menu for registered custom nodes.
- Custom sockets with default_value get the appropriate socket type set on registration.
- Socket type can be defined with ‘bl_static_type’
- Custom Socket type can be defined with ‘bl_custom_type’
Keep in mind this build is experimental.
I hope it doesn’t break anything
Feel free to post comments, issues, suggestions, contributions.