Custom Hitboxes & In-game cutscenes?

Dear forum

Once again, I ask for help.
I have a scene with an underwater castle, with around 12k vertices, which serves as the map, having plain plane around it. I have some really big issues with the collisions, as if I select any of the shapes for collision, it really acts like the shape, so I cannot walk under arches or anything. If I disable collision bounds, the framerate drops from 60 to 1-2 when the player collides with it. Is there any way I can, for example, create a lowpoly version of the castle mainly consisting of streched and scaled cubes to create another invisible object which would act as the hitbox?

Another question, too.
Can I create in-game cutscenes as freely as in regular blender animating?
For example I’d like to have my character pop out of a simple 128-verts portal (which is essentially a rotating diskshape) and fall laying on the ground, slowly stand up and have the game begin? Nothing special, nothing the game engine can’t handle, right? I have made this cutscene in the blender engine, using same materials as the game.

I hope I expressed myself correctly, as english is not my native language. Thank you in advance for your help! C:

Is there any way I can, for example, create a lowpoly version of the castle mainly consisting of streched and scaled cubes to create another invisible object which would act as the hitbox?

Yes. You can do just that if you wanted - create invisible cubes to act as the collision bounds object. A more efficient and accurate use of polygons and time (in my opinion), though, would be to make a low-poly version of the castle, make it invisible, and set it to triangle mesh bounds.

Can I create in-game cutscenes as freely as in regular blender animating?

Yes. You’ve already gotten the animation, so just play it on the character when the game starts.

Yes. You’ve already gotten the animation, so just play it on the character when the game starts.

The animation is not created on the character, but instead on the whole scene. To reshape my question:
I have an animation with few objects in blender internal render engine using same assets as the game. Can I create a new scene which will act as the intro in bge? I am not that experienced with Blender, and, what I guess I’m looking for is a way to python or dragdrop “code” a regular full-scale blender-scene and proceed to the game afterwards. The latter part I know how to do, but the other, well… Yeah.

So, I did this. Now it works, more or less. Altho the framerate drops down to 15-30 whenever I touch or walk on the castle. The castle’s invisible hitbox consists out of 171 verts without any modifiers, yet it lags. I’m running on i7 extreme, so it cannot be my computer. Have I done something wrong?

set the high poly castle to no collision,

turn on the profiler, it will tell you where you %'s are

game->framerate and profiler

The best way for us to determine what is slowing down your scene is for you to post the blend file. Then we can investigate directly instead of guessing.

As for in-game cutscenes, this is something that we unfortunately don’t have that great of support for, which is surprising since we have a whole animation suite available in Blender. One of the problems is that the only way to have a scene-wide animation is via NLA, but there can only be one NLA sequence per scene. This works fine for Blender because animations can be split into multiple scenes, but the BGE uses scenes a little differently (a whole level, or even a whole game can be in one scene), so a single scene-wide animation doesn’t work nearly as well. You can trigger all of the individual animations you need for a cutscene via the Action Actuator or the Python API.

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to post anything without permission, but the highpoly castle has no collision-option turned on.
Game > Framerate and Profiler is something I cannot find. I’m sorry, but my knowledge in blender and bge is not that… sufficient, so I apoligise if I’m missing something obvious.

check where my mouse is pointed

why use hitbox meshes, when you could just use the skin mesh instead of creating the new mesh? is there some advantage?

I understand it can be used to intereact with collisions, but why not just use “skin” mesh for this with convex hull or triangle mesh bounds…?

I also have a cutscene Related question.

Is there any way I could just set some sensor object to trigger an object’s animation?
OR
Can anyone tell me anything about this Message sensor?Purpose?Usage?How-to?

Thanks in advance!!!:smiley: