Custom layout.template_ID_preview

Hey there,
is it possible to create a custom template ID preview?
I want to have a texture selector similar as the texture selector in the image editor. But it should be stored in my object!
Does anyone know if such a thing is possible, and how?

EDIT
Another question!In the Texture Panel in my texture_slots I have previews for my textures. I now have found out that this texture icons are stored where all icons are. Does someone know how I can get the index of such a texture icon?
Would be great if someone can help me out here :slight_smile:

Just wanted to bump this thread! I haven’t found a solution yet. :wink:
Maybe some bpy guru can help?

But it should be stored in my object!

You could create a custom property for the object that holds the name of the texture you want to relate to that object. Then in the object panel code your script add a check to see if the stored texture name actually exists in memory, if so display it.

Does someone know how I can get the index of such a texture icon?

Open up User Preferences and type the word ‘icon’ in the search field. Activate the Developers Icon AddOn. Now go to a text window and create a new text document. Move the mouse into the text window and press CTRL-F to bring up the find text options. With the Developers Icon AddOn active the find text area of the text window will display all the icons that Blender has stored internally. Simply scroll through them to find their ID or index.