Custom Stratocaster

I think this is pretty self explanatory, so here’s the pic.
http://home.att.net/~zolgnar/customstrat.jpg

Wow, good work! The background is neat, and the finish on the guitar is great! Good detail too. Any chance of a hi-res upload?

How would you like to write an article for Blenderart magazine describing how you created such nice materials?

hehe, thanks guys. the materials are pretty basic, really. just a matter of tuning the spec, hardness, reflection, and raymir values. the sunburst finish on the guitar was painted with blenders own paint tools. I started off by painting it yellow, then switched to dark blue, adjusting the fallof and brush size, and just followed the edge around. then i switched to black, and a slightly smaller brush and traced around the edge again. It’s lit with 1 area lamp, and 1 regular lamp.

Hey! I was thinking that would be nice if you put some writing on the guitar neck (place where you tune the strings), you know what I mean ( FENDER stratocaster) or something else?. Of course castome guitar dont have to have it, that was just an idea.

Sorry Its me again! Can.t see the place where a tremolo bar goes. VERY important part if you are a guitar player.

there is no tremolo assembly on this one, some people actually prefer not to have a tremelo, so as not to inadvertantly detune the guitar while playing. i am not such a person, but the guitar i modelled this from was such a guitar.
(edit)
my own guitar has two humbuckers, with a single coil in the middle, plus full whammy assembly, with pearl white body and black hardware and neck.

haha u werent kidding when u said u made one 2!

Sounds sexy Modron :slight_smile:

Nice.
(Got my first real SIX string…)
I wouldn’t buy it though…
Not enough scratches!
Looks like nobody’s ever played it.

I must say ive never liked the stratacoaster design it just seems boring to me…

speaking in a model sense its perfect, nice finnish and beautyfull modeling…

Joe