Cut/Copy/Paste objects and elements
WARNING: The addon is work-in-progress, only object & mesh cut/copy/paste is currently implemented. Also, copying/pasting many objects/vertices/edges/faces (e.g. more than thousand) can be quite slow.
Still, some people might find it useful even in its current state.
An excerpt from the readme:
This addon makes it possible to cut/copy/paste objects and elements across different layers, scenes and Blender files.
When enabled, it would add a Copy/Paste panel to the Tool Shelf, and register Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Shift+Delete, Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert shortcuts for 3D view.
- External: if enabled, Copy in Object mode would save current .blend file (so that it can be accessed from other instances of Blender).
- Append: if enabled, pasted objects would be appended (fully copied); otherwise, they would be linked (similarly to “Link from Library” and “Duplicate Linked”).
- Link ghost objects: if enabled, all group objects that aren’t linked to any scene will be link to current scene on pasting.
- Paste at Cursor: if enabled, pasted selection’s pivot would be aligned with the 3D Cursor; otherwise, the selection would be pasted in the same coordinates as the original data.
- Move to mouse: if enabled, pasted selection’s pivot would be aligned to match mouse screen position.
- Align to view: if enabled, the pasted selection would be rotated to match the original orientation relative to the view.
- Coordinate System: depending on this setting, geometry/bones would be pasted either in the absolute coordinates, or relative to the active object/bone.