CWS.Homepage

I scanned with Xoftspy and found this (CWS.Homepage). It saysit is in location “213.222.11.6” What the heck is this and how can I get rid of it? I only did the free scan with xoftspy. It looks like and ip address to me.

Oh ya, I used CWShredder but it didn’t find it.
Anyone know how to fix this?

do a whois trace on the ip

scan with spybot and ad aware and you should be good to go

What it likely means is that you have spyware which is sending your information to that ip address. You can block sending data to that ip using a firewall or something or the easier option is just to remove the spyware that is doing it. Doesn’t Xoftspy let you remove whatever is causing the issue?

sounds like one of those viruses/spyware/adware which those programs dont get rid of. Ive gotten 2, and they are a pain to get rid of. each took a day to research, prepare to delete, download software specifically for getting rid of it, and then finally deleting.

over the next month i updated everyday with my antivirus, and as teh program progressed in downloads, it continued to find traces of what wasw left.

all i can say is go to as many of those forums where they explain how to fix, look it up on symatec.com (sp?), and good luck

Ok thanks, I’ll try it all.