Cyberpunk Game - Blender Graphics

Greetings!

I’ve started concept art and in-game graphic work on an iOS (and hopefully Android) game called “CodeDancer.” The project is being funded through Kickstarter.com here:

I am using Blender for game graphics from the splash screen to the in-game graphics. I’ll be posting work here for input and critique!

To kick things off, here is the “teaser splash graphic.”

The city images were created using the Suicidator City Generator and the Blender Compositor. Text added in Photoshop.

Blender is useful to me not only as a tool for creating splash screens and promotional material, but it is also helping with creating parts of the game itself. Here are some sample icons created with base renders in Blender (with compositing nodes) plus some Illustrator graphics and final tweaking in Photoshop.

Next up… some challenging post-production for the trailer for the game!

One thing - padlocks don’t open like that. The shackle is only free to move +/- z, and it can only rotate around the X-axis.

-rking

Hey man, love the initiative! Something from a design perspective: Your little icons are too busy. An infographic should never over-complicate itself since the main thing you’re trying to do here is facilitate communication. The grid in the background is distracting and there isn’t much of a homogeneous colour-scheme happening here. I would suggest simplifying those icons completely and having just flat vector shapes which use 2 or 3 of those beautiful blues you have in the first image. Also that font is very obvious, something more subtle would go down nicely.

Yes, I’m aware of that. I was going for a more obvious lock/unlock status from a graphic design perspective, but I’ve changed it in the new versions.

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, I love those blues but was trying to find complimentary colors for them to go against. (To be clear, the icons you see are going to be superimposed on a background which contains the blue/cool white hues from the first graphic.) Sadly, color theory is not one of my strong suits, so I’m open to suggestions here. A screenshot is included below so you can see what I mean.

I used a computer-y font (OCR A) but here, too, am open to suggestions. What do you mean by “more subtle” in this context? I used “Tron” as something of an inspiration for the typography but didn’t want to get too mimick-y. Suggestions welcome!

Here’s a screenshot of the current icon use: