Cyborg Dragon's Texture Technique+

I tried out the technique Cyborg Dragon brought up when Jeremy Ray was looking for procedural mechanical textures, and I was amazed at what they were doing. I tried the same, but I made two of the faces into a seperate vert group, then made a copy of the original material and made it single user - I sized it down and then set it to emit reverse effect, and brought the DVar down a little. It made a quick batch of lights, though this was a two minute test. I know, not serious enough, but I will be exploring this futher soon to see what else I can get out of this.
Thanks Cyborg, Jeremy Ray, and Roger Wickes for the discussion on the other thread - I really got something out of this one.
:slight_smile:

Attachments

Wow, I actually get a thread that mentions my name in the title and in a positive note, that’s new.:eek:

Cellnoise and the Chebechev voronoi texture can indeed produce decent geometric shapes if you get the noise sliders in the right position, usually having all of them them at -1, 0, or 1 for all of them (each can be different values) produces the highest quality shapes (don’t forget to use the colorband)

Wow, I actually get a thread that mentions my name in the title and in a positive note, that’s new.:eek:

That brings back memories…:wink:
It’s a cool technique though, I should try it at some point:yes:

Oh, you can also get Geometric shapes setting the sliders to 1, 1, 0, 0 using colorband and using voronoi on Manhattan also gives decent geometric shapes.

Can I have a link to this technique? Until I have something to look at I can’t decide if it is useful or not.

Koba

Time to write a tutorial CD!

Oh, here’s an example of what such textures can do combined with the displacement modifier
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92682

It looked too complete to be just a test so I posted it in that forum.