Cycle looking eevee

I’ve been trying to make photorealistic renders. I like the way cycles looks over eevee, but if I want my cycles to look good, I have to up the resolution, however, my trash computer crashes over a hi-res cycles rendering, and it takes 50 times as long as an eevee to render. Is there a way I can change the eevee settings to look like a cycles render?

1 Like

No way. Cycles a path-tracer but Eevee ise real-time render engine.

Cycles creates physically correct results (if you know how create this), but Eevee can not this, only can creates fake results. You think Eevee like a game engine

At evee you need to be good at faking, google something about making photorealism in evee (baking lights).
And take a look at how the two engines work, undestanding the concepts will help you to know what to do to get better results.

Well, do you know what I could do to my computer to make cycle rendering faster and not crash my computer?

Try CPU rather than GPU

Try not to use too many textures

Try the denoising node

…or…

Get into non-photoreal rendering with eevee.

Which Blender version you use? And which graphic card and CPU?

I’ve seen some Eevee renders & Cycles renders of the same scene compared side by side and they look remarkably similar. Getting close to photorealism in Eevee is an acquired skill. Cycles is still more accurate, but I think you can achieve what you want in Eevee with enough practice.

You can look my Vmats Material Library catalogues. For Diffuse, yes, you can not see differences easily. But when you use complex materials, like Metal, SSS, Refraction etc., differences become huge.