Cycle X Error

So i used Cycle X and i get this result as you can see on the image. No render result and I get an error message : “invalid handle in cumoduleGetGlobal_v2…”
Anyone know why this is happen and what should I do so I can still use cycle x to render?
I used cycle x eventhough i know its still in early stages
But I just need a faster render.

It’s pre-alpha. Things will work, and things will break.

I have the same error message in some specific scenes. The only difference - in my message, the erroring line is 905.

I tried to apply deduction - deleted all my assets one by one until it started working. However, I could not find a single source of error. It’s a combination of my simple HDRI background settings and some free assets from BlenderKit.

As soon as I delete or hide one of the remaining 5 assets or remove a few nodes from my two HDRI background node paths (one of which isn’t even connected to the output node), it starts rendering just fine. It renders fine even if I restore everything else in the scene (which ends up very large with lots of items). So, it’s not caused by my scene complexity or render settings, but by some specific properties of HDRI setup and/or the combination of some specific BlenderKit assets.

The error also goes away if setting to render on CPU.

Not sure if it’s worth filing a bug report because this is so hard to reproduce and it might be something they already know and will fix at some point.

System Information
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 471.96

Blender Version
Broken: version: 3.0.0 Alpha, branch: cycles-x, commit date: 2021-08-27 13:47, hash: rB7d5e8d2bc149

yea, just can wait for the official release