Cycles and Hue Saturation Value node. How do i use it in practice?

Just can’t figure out where to use it. For example i need to set up ivory diffuse color for material. According to internet, ivory color is plane white with 6% saturation and 100% value, which hex code is #FFFFF0.
It is supposed that i use “Hue Saturation Value” node like this:

setting up saturation to 0.06 and value to 1?

But isn’t is simplier just set up ivory color hex code #FFFFF0 as diffuse texture color in DiffuseBSDF node? I will be very grateful if someone explan to me the puprose of “Hue Saturation Value” node in Cycles.

It’s really for modifying existing color data (e.g. diffuse texture maps or color correction for compositing) than it is for creating a color. There exist already controls in the color picker for HSV. What is it exactly you are trying to achieve? If it’s just a particular color, enter your HSV values directly into the diffuse color input.

Please have a look at the color coding of the nodes’ inputs and outputs:
You’re connecting a green (shader) output to a yellow (color) input and back again - that’s not going to work. Green to green, yellow to yellow etc. (there are exceptions, though).

The Hue Saturation Value node is mostly used to quickly color correct image textures.

Thank you. Never knew about color coding of the nodes. None tutorial i have watched mentioned about it.

HSV can work over a color, to make variations over that base color to feed them into other nodes. But more importantly, it lets you adjust an entire texture.

BTW, green sockets can only be connected to other green sockets. The nodes you have there will give you (whatever is on top of the pic) mixed with black. If you wanted to adjust the color for that node you’d use RGB->HSV->Diffuse. Or, if you don’t want to use variations (as explained above), simply set the color of the diffuse node.

This is a good node to play with when you do procedural textures.

Thank you very much. Now i understand the point of using HSV node