[cycles] build error

Having trouble building cycles, it appears to be boost, but it is all installed… running Ubuntu 10.04
Blender Trunk builds fine, and i have libboost-1.40.0

In file included from /home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/image.cpp:26:
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:85: error: ‘boost::function’ has not been declared
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:85: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:148: error: ‘boost::function’ has not been declared
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:148: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:155: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘function’ with no type
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:155: error: invalid use of ‘::’
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:155: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘<’ token
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:156: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘function’ with no type
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:156: error: invalid use of ‘::’
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:156: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘<’ token
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h: In constructor ‘ccl::Progress::Progress()’:
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:42: error: ‘update_cb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:45: error: ‘cancel_cb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h: In member function ‘bool ccl::Progress::get_cancel()’:
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:73: error: ‘cancel_cb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h: In member function ‘void ccl::Progress::set_cancel_callback(int)’:
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:87: error: ‘cancel_cb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:87: error: ‘function’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h: In member function ‘void ccl::Progress::set_update()’:
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:144: error: ‘update_cb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h: In member function ‘void ccl::Progress::set_update_callback(int)’:
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:150: error: ‘update_cb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/sae/DEVELOPMENT/src/blender-svn/cycles/intern/cycles/render/../util/util_progress.h:150: error: ‘function’ was not declared in this scope

full log at: http://www.pasteall.org/21516/text

I also had a problem with boost, although it gave me a different error. I tried building Cycles on openSUSE wtih libboost 1.44. However, that failed and I was only able to get it to work by downloading building libboost 1.42 (that’s the version that all the graphicall builds were asking for). Maybe cycles is very particular about what version of boost it uses :D.

After I installed the new libboost, I just run ‘make clean’, made sure all my paths in CMake were correct and it compiled OK.

I hope this helps.

Durandal

hmm, i’ll give it a shot! thanks!

hello! i’m having the same issue, I was wondering if downgrading libboost did the trick

~p