Cycles Compatibility Error

I just installed CUDA on my laptop, and when I tried rendering using the GPU, I got this error message: “error|CUDA device supported only compute compatibility 1.3 and up, found 1.2”

Is there a way to fix this by updating something? I am using Windows 7 64 bit with a GeForce GTS 360M graphics card, driver version 301.27.

Go to graphicall.org and find a build that is compiled with all the cuda kernals, this is the latest one I’ve tested and it works with 1.2 when switched over to experimental, there may be a later build.

Before you try that, see if it works when you switch from supported to experimental.

how do I install it? When I tried to open it, it didn’t recognize the file type

Now the build would be this and you can use 7-zip to open it, which you can find here, 7z is just a compression format, or you could call it a compression container or something like that its like a .zip format but better.

download the build, using 7zip to extract it and save it somewhere good like:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender-2.63.2-r46078\Blender</b>

I tend to put all the various blender versions into the same folder with each version labeled clearly in there own folder within that folder:

Blender Foundation --> Blender [Version#] [Revision#] --> Blender

The official build’s installer will have already created this folder for you so all you need to do is find it and save there. Usually in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) or something similar on Windows. Im referring to the Blender Foundation folder.

Make sure your not saving over your old Blender installation, and if, for some strange reason, you want to have all your old setting back to the way that they were then open you old blender startup file named Startup.blend located here:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\Version#\config</b>

If you can’t find it then do a search for startup.blend

Note - You can find the revision # on the top right corner of the splash screen

Another Note - You will need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) installed which you can find here, you probably already have this installed but if you have problems then this could be the reason.

I downloaded 7 Z and used it, but it still didn’t work. I’m sorry, I have no idea what I’m doing. Is there anyplace that has a detailed tutorial on how to do this? When I tried extracting it, it just said it couldn’t do it.

I think that the official build supports cuda 1.2 now, just switch it to experimental & gpu in the render panel, version 2.63 I mean.

The newest version doesn’t support 1.2, I just tried. Once again, sorry that I don’t know much about this, but I really need to be able to do it.

what 7zip say specifically when you tried to extract the .7z?