Cycles Development Updates

Ok, I see that tileable voronoi is back on track? It’s not hard to do using 4D voronoi if all you need is 2D tiled output, although the output will have similar characteristics as the 3D one instead of the cleaner 2D one so it may still be an option.

Gabor noise will be highly welcome. Extended to 4th dimension for UV seamless repeat possibility? Hmmm…

Hexagon is great since it’s really not trivial to wrap your head around to produce it. I just hope it has some useful outputs. Truchet as a standalone I don’t know about. Sounds like some options could be put into checker texture instead. Still, it’s so easy to do manually it doesn’t really matter. But instead of Hexagon and Truchet tiling I think I would like to see this more generalized into the 17 wallpaper groups as a start, then expanded into even more tesselations, which includes Truchet. With useful outputs of course, like rotated and centered UV spaces, random color per tile, and a float value per tile ID corresponding to rotation, mirror, and shape with a tooltip indicating how many there are for the given parameters.

3 Likes