Cycles Glass Shader Bug?

So the glass shader seems to not work at specific angles. (screenshot attached. look at the back small window). It is only at that angle that everything seems to glitch out and not be glass anymore (looks more like a diffuse). Anyone know the problem? Also some faces seem to be black while others gray. yes the materials were “assigned” correctly so thats not the problem.

I think because there is no light in front of the car you can see the highlight hence you can’t see the glass.

Try to add some thickness to glass by solidify modifier or modelling. And more lights of course…

it isnt the the thickness because i tried adding the solidify modifier and i get the same result. Also it cant be the lighting because it works fine in any other camer angle. Its just this one angle (give or take a few degrees) that the glass shader just glitches out.

upload .blend ?

Was playing a bit with glass like this one… There are artefacts and seems that Integrator settings have no impact on them. When Subdivide mesh further, artefacts get smaller but still exist. Edge split modifier removes them.

Attachments

GLASS.blend (645 KB)

http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgTry to add some thickness to glass by solidify modifier or modelling.