Cycles GPU using dual cards

I’m having trouble finding answers to my questions regarding what Blender will do with a single GPU card or a system with dual GPU configuration.

I’m considering buying a system with a NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB. But what would Blender do with a dual K2200? Would it use only one or both? Is this hard to configure and set up?

Sorry if this sounds clueless, but I could really use help.

Thanks,
Bfoot

Why do you want to use a nvidia Quadro k 2200 with blender ? i think you have better performence with a gtx 980 or in the future when the drivers are ready for blender with a gtx 1070 or 1080 and more vram memory for to render with cycles and more cuda cores .:slight_smile:

>I’m considering buying a system with a NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB. But what would Blender do with a dual K2200?

If it is enabled in the user prefs, it would render one tile on each of the cards simultaneously (don’t enable SLI if it gives you an option)

> Would it use only one or both?

Depends on the User prefs… you can enable just the card which isnt connected to any displays or both

> Is this hard to configure and set up?
No

Hi, don´t waist your money with Quadro if you don´t need them for a special case, CAD software for example.
I cant find specifications on Nvidia homepage for the card but it is PCIe 2.0 with 80 GB/s bandwith wich is old and slow.
If possible change it to a gaming card, if not use it for display and add a second gaming card.
Blender 2.78 will support GTX 1070/80.

Cheers, mib

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m likely to buy what’s offered through Dell. Since your feedback and a bit more research, I’m now considering the NVIDIA Quadro M4000. I know it not a gaming card but the reviews show it has decent power.

Bfoot

But not in Blender

Well it’s been a few weeks with my new system and I must admit to finally taking your advice. I got a GTX 1070. I really don’t have any first hand experience to compare it to other cards but it is a HUGE improvement from what I had. I’ve already been able to quickly improve on my renders and understanding of cycles.

Thanks for all your feedback!