Cycles - How do i make some parts of material a bit lighter?

Hello. I’m trying to make some parts on this object’s diffuse texture (which are defined by noise mask) a bit lighter than main color (now it is more dark as you can see).

Here is nodes setup

But also i want to keep other material’s properties. So, i duplicate main glossy shader and need your help. What node do i use to make it a bit lighter? Hue/Saturation node? It makes glossy darker, no matter how i tweak it. I must use Separate RGB - MixRGB nodes instead? Or Math node? Or completely different setup?

here is *.blend file
material-question.blend (474 KB)

Attachments

The big issue with your nodes is that you you have put the hue/sat node after the glossy shader, it must come before it. See the colors on the inputs/outputs they should (mostly) match. yellow to yellow, green to green. And you should make some change to the hue/seat parameters, or it’s essentially unused, you porbbaly want to increaee the ‘value’ whihc is sort of like brightness.

Yes, it’s simply the common mistake a lot of people new to Cycles sometimes do.

You can freely interchange between the yellow, purple, and grey sockets (though your mileage can vary and information can sometimes be lost or changed in strange ways), but it’s not possible to do the same with the green shader sockets.

Green outputs always go into green inputs (and visa versa), there’s no exception whatsoever because any other information will be read as black.

Thank you @Photox it works as expected now. Still do not provide full control over diffuse color, but i guess it is not possible and to set up completely different color i would need to add new shader.

The amount of change that you will see depends on the texture that drives the mix. If there are no areas where the top glossy shader is fully visible you will not see it as it is, because it is always mixed with the other glossy shader. To test how both of them look, connect them directly to Material Output node. When they are as you wish, tweak the texture that drives the mix, in this case the noise.