Cycles PBR node group 2.0

Get it here -> http://www.gum.co/cyclespbr2

This is a much improved product and I think you will be more impressed with the results of this, rather my previous shader!

What do I plug in, and where?

Even if you don’t need it, why not check it out? It’s free and you just might like it!

Attachments

Hi I can’t buy it on gumroad. They say it’s not for sale.

How exactly is it improved? Is it faster? More accurate? Easier to use? What?

You should be able to buy it on Gumroad now.

How exactly is it improved? Is it faster? More accurate? Easier to use? What?

It’s definitely more accurate and it uses less shaders. I also out the displacement output because it doesn’t really change the appearance of the shader enough(and uses a lot more processing power).

Hi @texasfunk101,
Thanks you so much, I can study PBR with your tips now!
Congratulations for this sharing. :slight_smile:
Spirou4D

You have to implement a good fresnel function (I.E. reflection node from cynicat pro), a fixgloss, and a modbump by Ace Dragon. Once done I call it a PBR shader. Now the reflections are evenly strong in all angles, there is a problem with the very rough gloss, and problem with normals when the bump is strong.

You have to implement a good fresnel function (I.E. reflection node from cynicat pro), a fixgloss, and a modbump by Ace Dragon. Once done I call it a PBR shader. Now the reflections are evenly strong in all angles, there is a problem with the very rough gloss, and problem with normals when the bump is strong.

Thanks, I’ll work on it!

@texasfunk101
Thanks

Hi, I got your update, and it seems to me that your shader is now good and usefull.
I did a test with my own pbr shader which has another approach, but the results are the same:
stc=1

On the left is your shader, and on the right mine. I tested it with several variations in settings: very rough, low IOR and I didn’t discover any difference yet. So I think I will start to use your shader which is more user friendly to me. I had to turn off the specular map to get the same results as my shader. I didn’t explore it yet, but I suppose the specular map is to get the minimum reflections.

Thanks !

Here is another example of the kind of output you can get using PBR textures + this shader.

is the update version in the same link

Thanks , for the update :wink:

Yes, I update it on gumroad.

thank you so much nice shader pack

i am going to test this out,i have a similar setup,but i am curious.
thanks for the work and the share!!