Cycles Render Layers

I am trying to use render layers within cycles. According to all documentation that I have found this was supposed to be possible from 2.6.2 r42807. Now I am using 2.6.2 r44136 and it is not working. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I may be doing wrong? I even tried following this tutorial from cgcookie. Render Layers were used in this video. But I do not get the same results. here are the results that I receive…

Maybe when it says “Support for Render Layers and Passes has been added” it’s not fully functional yet.

Download the latest build from graphicall. Your version is over 1400 commits behind

are you rendering cpu or gpu? render layers need shader model 2.0 +.

Maybe when it says “Support for Render Layers and Passes has been added” it’s not fully functional yet.

Download the latest build from graphicall. Your version is over 1400 commits behind

I have the latest from blender official site and I also have revision 45204, wich as of the date of posting this thread was the latest on graphicall. The documentation states that it was working and functional in the current release of blender.

are you rendering cpu or gpu? render layers need shader model 2.0 +.

I render GPU…
I have a Asus Sabertooth 990Fx mobo with 16 Gb Corsair 1866 Ram, AMD FX 8120 8 core O.C.'d to 4.2ghz CPU, Dual Geforce GTX 560(Ti) Fermi 1Gb DDR5 Video Cards in SLI. All Drivers are UTD. The video Cards Support DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1. And Even in the latest build as of this message, r45689, I still cannot render using layers within cycles.

I have the latest from blender official site and I also have revision 45204, wich as of the date of posting this thread was the latest on graphicall.

I doubt the latest official release has render layers for cycles, and revision 45204 was from March 27, as seen here.

But looking at your image, what do you have placed the render layers? Have you tried with normal mesh objects? A blend file we can check?

I simply have the text placed in the GLOW render Layer. and everything else in the Scene Layer. And the wiki states that the official release available from blender.org has stable render layers. Unfortunately I cannot share this file. I can setup some basic objects in a random file just as they are in this one and then share that though.