Does it make a sense to have a possibility set a “Camera Limit” for visibility by another object?
Does it make a sense proof Alt+B options?
Or section by material is sufficient?
Here are two examples of section techniques:
1 - CAMERA LIMITS
Blender can “section” objects by setting up camera “Limits”.
- That sounds like great option if you need section some complicated object (like engine, house ect.).
- Camera Limits does section throw whole object in a scene.
- And you can see result immediately in 3D window.
- But from this side of sectioning view it is totally usable if it can be done from camera view only.
- Also fact that “limits” cut whole scene is not always appreciated.
- And the biggest problem - light behave is not affected.
Note: In this time we have also “Clipping Border” Alt+B to see or hide part of object. It could solve minuses of “Camera Limits”, but “Clipping Border” doesn’t affect a render (also we can’t animate it) in this time.
2 - MATERIAL
Section by Material (Transparent+Backfacing):
- You can section from any position.
- And artifacts that were problem in 2.4x BI render looks OK in this Cycles render
- You need to setup material to all parts manually
BTW: Can Cycles control texture coordinates by another object like BI already?