[Cycles] Section - Camera Limits vs. Material

Ok, I need your help :slight_smile: tut or link to understand the princip would be appreciated. Thanks for help.

Great setup, but unfortunately the empty coordinates are somehow relatives to every single object local coordinates. So when there is more than one object they all get cut as if there were one empty per object. Also, when the object are rotated, the section plan rotates as well, as in the attached image.

Any idea on a trick for using «world» coordinates?

I’ll be looking into this and doing a small tutorial soon.

is it possible for someone to do a tutorial with how to do a cycles section? if you could show how to do a thicker line where the section is actually cutting through and a cross hatch inbetween that would be amazing.
ive been trying to figure out how to do this for weeks and ive been getting nowhere
please help!

Hello, I tried to setup a workaround for the problem with spherical camera clipping in cycles. I used the material made by natew (few posts above) and I changed it to work like a clipping plane (a real plane, not sphere) for a camera. Everything works quite well, but I wasn’t able to put a driver inside the shader group. So I have to manuale set the driver for each instance of this group. I was able to set up the driver inside the group but it didn’t react. Does anybody know whether this is u bug? Should I report it? Or is it just “not implemented yet”? Does anybody have some Ideas how to improve this setup?
On the picture you can see the result of the setup. The camera clipping distance is controlled by a custom property Clip in the Object settings of the Camera object.

Here is the blend file:
Clipping_Plane.blend (729 KB)

any new updates now that volumetric is in trunk ?