Cycles SSS parameters

Hi
The explanation of SSS in BI (https://www.blender.org/manual/render/blender_render/materials/properties/subsurface_scattering.html) is pretty good the one for cycles is a little more limited.
Could someone let me know if the definitions are basically the same.
ie.
does scale mean the same thing in both,
does the RGB radius mean the same and work similarly.

I know they are completely different styles of engines
I am just trying to get a handle on the Cycles SSS and can’t really finds a good explanation for each of the parameters.
Thanks

Cycles SSS doesn’t have as many options because it doesn’t need them (yet it’s more realistic in general).

-Physical SSS materials have no need for separate weights for front and back scattering (light going into the mesh will always go out if the surface is thin enough).
-Physical SSS materials like in Cycles has no need for an ‘error’ parameter (resolution is a non issue because of the fully raytraced nature).
-Physical SSS materials will not make your meshes look like wax (light falls off in a far more realistic fashion, especially if you use the default Burley falloff).
-Physical SSS materials make the same use of scale and RGB distance parameters (so yes they mean the same),
-Physical SSS materials don’t need to be messed around with to look right in scenes with multiple lights (at least when it comes to BI’s implementation).

Cycles SSS is different, but it’s far easier to use because of its realism.

Thanks it was mostly the size things I was curious about but thank you you clarified it a lot.