Cycles Ultra high Animation render - 2000 samples ~ 20 - 30 seconds pr. frame

Sooo… I got to play with the ridiculous fast work station at my school… :stuck_out_tongue:
This is the result.
I know 2000 samples pr. frame is kinda overkill and completely unnecessary, but now that I had that kind of power I was like… why not? xD

PC Specs:

• 24 GB DDR3 Ram
  • 2x Nvidia GTX 580 3GB GDDR5
  • Intel core i7 4.3 GHz ( 6 cores )

Tell me what you think :stuck_out_tongue:
I don’t have the .blend anymore… But it’s nothing special, just a box with some text and materials

This workstation is extraordinary! A very good Luck for you!
But is it normal the saccades in the viewing? :frowning: Why not a simple smooth rotation?
The quality is soo nice…:eyebrowlift:

Yes, I hope to maybe get permission to use it for future works, would be pretty sweet to have that kind of power :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I’ve notice that as well, no Idea why it happened tho… :confused:

Looks Great.

To gain such power, you must upgrade. That’s what I’m planning on doing. But I need to get a stronger motherboard to handle 32 gigs of RAM. Of course it makes me glad that this Cycles Animation doesn’t have any of that grainy look.

Did you use GPU or CPU to render this?

2000 passes for this one.
May I ask why?
Too much noise?
Because of the reflective / glossy surfaces, yes?
You could stop glossy BSDF to reflect anything.
(lightpath/glossyRay->as factor on a mixshader
glossyBSDF->BSDFshader->to another MixShader) you probably know what I mean.
You won’t see much difference and you can have clean rendering with 50 passes then.
A super computer is always desirable but… how you say it? Many ways to skin a cat. LOL

Anyway, nice work here. Well done.

I agree with Michalis. In fact, I’d say that 50 samples is slightly high, when one applies some denoising techniques.
Still, it’s a nice render.
Just please don’t assume you need a supercomputer to render Cycles animation, because you don’t. Technique beats raw brute computational force every time. And you can do it in your bedroom. :slight_smile:
Watch this tutorial to find out more…