Cyclic animation with speed control (ground animation for a walking character)

hey, i have a cyclic animation, i created with a simple f-curve modifier, for the ground under my character running (i am animating the texture mapping node). i want to be able to controll the speed of this animation loop. how can i achieve that in belnder, sincethe cyclic modifier has no controls? and duplicating the animation keyframes by hand over and over again and stretch then is not an option, it would take forever…

i am really stuck here, since this is such a basic need, someone must have done it before, without copy and pasting 2 keayframes over and over again. caus my character sometimes stays still, sometimes stiumbles backwards, i need full control over the speed of the ground moving beneath it.

HELP!

You have to use a driver for sendind the current frame to a properties in node editor. The multiply this value by a float from 0 (stop) to whatever positive or negative. Adding a combine vector to receive the result in x or y then plug it to your mapping offset.
If it’s not clear for you or you dont want to google about. I can provide a gif.

1 Like

i tried your suggestion but multiplying the current frame by a value of 0-1 results in having the texture move backwards when reaching values close to 0
as an example:

frame: 65*.1 equals 6,5 and next frame 66*.01 equals 0,66
so the resulting coordinate is actually making the texture move in the oposite direction before stopping
:frowning:

i actually now did it by hand. because i couldnt find a solution which was using a cyclic loop.
i animated the position of the texure mapping just by hand directional in the graph editor without any loop and without any speed parameter.
then i used a displacement modifier and set its texture to object.
i created an empty that is positionied by a driver of the mapping, which is now moving the displacement texture accordingly.
quite a workaround, but this is how i did it now.