Damselbot

My first project for 2023, in collaboration with my friend Rudi Hendrich.

It is my animation of a robot damselfly. The aim here was to create the effect of realism as the insect flies, but with a hint of the robotic. Animating the water was an interesting challenge too.

Test flight in slomo.

Artwork nature #robotics realism textures #poliigon #graswald #3DShaker animation landscapes characters plants technology animals

31 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks again Bart! Twice in such a short time! I am honoured!

1 Like

Just a quickie - I notice only the still is featured. Or is that my fault for posting the still and the animation here? In explanation, I did that because often no thumbnail appears for just an animation.

Or is there more I need to learn about how blenderartists works?

I’m not sure what you’re asking?

Hi Bart,

Sorry to be confusing. On Blenderartists I posted an animation plus a still from it. It seems that on the Blender Nation feature there is a still, not the animation.

I wanted to understand why this is, whether it is my fault or whether that is specifically what you chose to feature.

If it is my fault, how can I fix this or is it not an option?

Thanks.

It is not an option, sorry. But I link to your BA topic, so people can still see it!

1 Like

Okies! Thanks!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Thank you Bart! We are honoured!

On behalf of myself and Rudi!

1 Like

Hi @Ozyris

That is a great piece of work you have there. I saw this before the blender nation or feature row stuff happened, and I didn’t respond then.

When I first saw this, I was amazed, but then I was disappointed because it ended. I’d love to see the insect-robot turn around and fly away…

Congrats!
Randy

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment! Sorry to disappoint you!

There is a lot in store for the little bot! He is part of a larger project that includes the FS Line chair, the animated Robot Arm, a robot bird I have yet to build (soon), the animated Mercedes, the spider whose name is Ziggy and more.

Check out my other animations posted here.