Darktree Symbiont Script

Hi all,

I worked with 3DMax before I became a true beliver of Blender. From those days I have still my Darktree Texture generator and a huge library of tweaked textures. Until now I have split the textures into maps, but thats not the right thing. I found a python script (Symbiont) for Blender from Paul Bridger, but that doesn’t work for 2.48/2.49.
If anybody would recompile the script for the newer versions, I could put my whole library on the net for downloading.

Could you post a link to the code you found? I did a google search, but couldn’t find anything.

I still have the latest version of the script. Where can I send it to ?

A good place to post the entire texture collection would be sharecg.com, if you truly have the rights to do so.

Well, the script is beyond my capabilities, I don’t understand how it’s importing SimiontBlenderDll, a .dll file, and using its functions. Maybe someone else can figure it out, here’s the file: http://www.box.net/shared/kyzrsre6j5 . While we’re wating for help, I’ll try contacting the original coder and see what he says.

Never mind, I’ve talked to the original coder, I now at least get my previous problem. I may be able to get this script updated, no promises, but I’m working on it.

I just deleted the darktree script from my hard drive. I had it for a while, but it was actually only quasi legal, IMHO, old, and is no longer supported. I think you can get better results, and more control from the texture node system built into blender… and it should remain as part of blender, and compatible with future releases of Blender, unlike the simbiontblender.

Well, I’ve already been working on it for a while and I’ve been making some progress, so I think I’m going to at least update it for 2.49.

Is there a script that work with blender 2.69?