Data and Light Passes not showing up in image sequnce

i had it all enabled but the channels arent showing up?

its rendered in EXR full float

bump.

i found nothing on google or youtube. help?

@joseph @sozap

Hum,

If you want to access the passes you need to enable them at rendering time, and use openEXR multilayer.
Then you’ll get all the passes inside the image.

OpenEXR will just save the render result and the Depth pass.

Hopes that helps,

Good luck !

It will just show up when I use image sequence node and select the exr multi file?

Not sure what you’re doing :smiley:
You should save the renders in EXR-multi layer.

Best is, to not confuse you, to render your shot in one .blend with EXR as a file format , rather than PNG or FFMPEG.
Then in another .blend you load the .exr image sequence, do the comp there and export in a more appropriate format from there. Like PNG sequence or a final movie.

1 Like

ok that worked.

but this:

Then in another .blend you load the .exr image sequence, do the comp there and export in a more appropriate format from there. Like PNG sequence or a final movie.

why do people keep telling me this? What happens or can happen if i render in the same file?

:smiley:
Because it gets tricky to tell blender what to render and what not …
You render the 3D scene that probably will be long, and then you render comp that should be fast.

But how blender is supposed to know which one to render ?

In fact yes, it seems to work, if you have no render layers in the compositor it skips rendering the scene.
And execute only the compositor.
But anyway, you need to change the render output, or you will overwrite the 3D renders.

It’s also possible to create a scene within the same .blend, so one scene render 3D, the other compositing.
I think having two file makes it super clear what is what and is less confusing, but it’s totally ok to go for a different solution especially if you know what you’re doing !
Try by yourself and it will probably makes much more sense with time !