Dave, concept art by Alfred Achiampong

Hi everyone, here is a character that I’ve started working last week and will be posting every progress here. So feel free to comment or ask anything.

The concept art is made by Alfred Achiampong.

6 Likes

I like this guy! The progress shots are pretty interesting. Could you explain your process a little bit?

2 Likes

I used simple objects to blocking the big shapes, then I use sculpt boolean or other sculpt tools boolean to put together the pieces I want. After that I start sculpting to refine the shapes and put details.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I’ll have to give that a try.

Here is another one, just small update.

Hi there! Updating, I’ve modeled the shoes and start working the the mechanical arm.

Ooh, I like where this is going. I will be keeping an eye on this.

1 Like

Start doing the retopology, face is done!

Retopo is done! Time to start UVs and texturing.

damn man this is amazing

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

UV’s, done!

this looks like a great character for 2d videogame.
but it would have to be unique.

Start texture him in Substance Painter.

Hi everyone, here is another progress of the character I’m working, based on the concept of Alfred Achiampong. I’ve start testing rendering in Blender 2,8 Cycles, using the new SSS method “Random Walk”, which is really awesome! The texture has been worked in Substance Painter.

1 Like

It keeps improving. Great job.

1 Like

Not having too much free time right now, but find some to start putting hair on Dave, I still didn’t worked on the eyes.

Hey everyone! Just to let you know that I posted the finished version of Dave on the Finished Projects thread, here is the link if you want to check it out.