Day light savings time.

I was wondering about the purpose of day light saving time and is time the cause of all our ills. The saying spring ahead fall back is use take advantage of daylight. But for each time that goes forward one falls back, not only allows you to take advantage of what is good and bad but of man and women as well.

If time can be use for good would it not also lead to bad for those who depend on time itself ?

yes i agree

Its good they don’t do that newfangled time shifting thing here in Arizona then. I seem to be more immune to ‘all our ills’ than when I lived in the People’s Republic of California were I was forced to suffer through oppressive time changes all through my youth, in fact the majority of my life was lived under arbitrary time changes.

I say we need to ban time in general…for the children mind you.

Won’t somebody please think of the children?

I have a question for you, do you ever start non-crackpot threads or is this pretty much it? Just kind of sit around hitting the bong and come up with ‘out there’ stuff to ‘blow our minds’? Don’t worry, I can relate – went to Humboldt after all…

I couldn’t understand what you are trying to say.

You don’t take more than 1 or 2 days to get adjusted to the new time. And, at least here, it creates an economy of billions of our currency/year.
Since we have most of our energy from hydroelectric power, it saves water in the reservoirs that can be used to survive through droughts in the following years.
And since we save water and consume less electricity, we don’t need to power the reserve thermoelectric power plants, which consume oil.

So no, I don’t think it is a bad thing.

Yes, yet think about it, you can not change time. The idea at first was to allow business to start earlier and to make more monies and quit wasting candles. It seems to have worked out well eh?

Daylight Saving Time (or summertime as it is called in many countries) is a way of getting more light out of the day by advancing clocks by one hour during the summer. During Daylight Saving Time, the sun appears to rise one hour later in the morning, when people are usually asleep anyway, and sets one hour later in the evening, seeming to stretch the day longer.
The reason DST works is because its saves energy due to less artificial light needed during the evening hours—clocks are set one hour ahead during the spring, and one hour back to standard time in the autumn. Many countries observe DST, and many do not

someone stole my phone box…

That spambot would’ve almost blended in perfectly if the advertising sig wasn’t there.

Sorry, but trying to engage deep philosophy and conspiracy in something as trivial as daylight savings time in that sort of way just makes your whole post a mess.

From pure practical perspective some troubles daylight saving time causes: Two weeks of troubles sleeping each spring and autumn, severe health problems during hot summer days specially with weak hearth (the one dark hour at night would be free gift). In the northern countries the from night stil wet forest, you get your socks wet, you get cold. Early in the morning roads can be icy, more accidents. Farmers have troubles getting one hour earlier to fields where the crass is still wet.

This reminds me of one of those newspaper clippings that Jay Leno would occasionally read on the air. This one was some dude from Arkansas who had written to the editor with a rant about the decision to turn the clocks forward a couple weeks early - i guess it was something they did a couple years ago or something. Anyway, the rant was about how the liberals in congress wanted the extra hour of daylight to warm the planet so they could prove ‘global warming’ was real. It was all a huge liberal conspiracy to make the planet warmer. I forget it exactly, but it was friggin hilarious.

Is there some rule in the deep south about being required to run your kids through a dryer once a month or force feed them a certain amount of paint chips or something? I live in Alabama. When I moved here I had assumed that the stories you hear weren’t actually true, but they are. People here really are that stupid.