DAZ Importer

Have you try to reinstall the plugin and check the path to your daz asset?2 different path may cause some issure.

HI,
Iv’e checked all possbile paths, and nothing works, I mean only dress, hair, and heels are imported.
Is this because I use morphs? Like mixing 2 or 3 characters inside DAZ?

http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/daz-importer-version-13.html.

All instructions are in the online manual, linked above…

I’ve already checked this, doesn’t work, I’ve checked all the possible paths. If I point to the path where characters are, the script doesn’t recognize them, and in console it writes completely different paths for missing files.

Are you using 2.79 or 2.8 ? I use the stable version of Diffeomorphic 1.3.1 with blender 2.79 and then open the saved blend file in 2.8 with the latest Diffeomorphic build https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import-daz/downloads/
and have never had this problem…

Using 2.8, was testing 1.3.1, now 1.4.0, always the same.

A little above Thomas has said that 2.8 isn’t actually supported and is waiting for the 2.8 release which is why I use 2.79 with 1.3.1. It’s pretty rock solid. On opening the saved blend file in the latest 2.8 builds I have pretty good results. Make sure you use the correct Daz script with the version of Diffeomorphic you are using.
That gets updated as well and may cause problems.

I already tested 1.3.1 with 2.79, the same behaviour, only dress, hair and heels are imported

And you used the 1.3.1 Daz script which comes in the package for this ? I don’t know my friend, If I can think of anything else I’ll get back to you…

I will try one more time whole process from schratch, and inform if something changed. Thank You

Hello,
I am attempting to use this plugin. I am using the RC build of blender, with the development version of plugin, under windows 7 OS. I made a small test scene, with a clothed, posed G8F and G8M figure. I have mapped most of my libraries(it doesn’t have enough sloths to link them all), including my G8F and G8M libraries. These two should be the only 2 needed for the test, as all the assets came from there. Upon import using the script, the only thing that makes it over is a nude G8M figure unfortunately. Here is what appears in the python console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\daz.py”, line 51, in execute
getMainAsset(self.filepath, context, self)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\main.py”, line 86, in getMainAsset
asset.build(context, inst) # Builds armature
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\figure.py”, line 216, in build
geo.buildObject(context, inst, center)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\geometry.py”, line 84, in buildObject
Node.buildObject(self, context, inst, center)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\node.py”, line 529, in buildObject
ob = self.data.buildData(context, self, inst, cscale, center)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\geometry.py”, line 405, in buildData
self.buildUVSet(uvset, me)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\geometry.py”, line 415, in buildUVSet
uv_set.build(me, self)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\geometry.py”, line 512, in build
mat.fixUdim(udim)
File “C:\Users\dragon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Diffeomorphic-import-daz-bb15d1ca5708\material.py”, line 241, in fixUdim
self.rna.DazUDim = udim
ValueError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: Material.DazUDim value not in ‘int’ range ((-2147483647 - 1), 2147483647)

I am not well versed in blender or python, but am interested in seeing cycles and eevee in action, especially with daz figures. Not sure how to proceed from here for trouble shooting.

The paths should point to the Daz root directory, not to a subdirectory.

Do you use Windows or Mac? I don’t have access to Mac and am not 100% sure things will work on an OS with case-sensitive paths, although some people seem to have successfully used the plugin on Mac.

I wonder what kind of asset that could trigger that error. Anyway, it should not crash the importer anymore. The script will probably spew out a lot of error messages in the console, though. Would be interested to hear what they are.

I was able to narrow down the clothing and hair items that caused it and filed a more detailed report on the bitbucket bug page

It seems like I have setup everything right, but only some of the clothes are being imported. The rest of the clothes and the whole body are missing. However, there is no error message. The outliner shows that only three clothing meshes exists in the scene. Do you guys have any idea how to fix that?

Hi! Is there a way to keep custom morphs after merging rigs and anatomy of two parts? Morphs that were imported as shape keys are transferred. But I lose the ones that were loaded as driven poses (to the Custom Morphs panel). They disappear.

Or maybe there is a way to create shape key from custom morph?

How to fix? 2.80/1.4dev

The normal map strength is too high. Fix it in the shader panel.

Where is it?

No offence slawdos, but if you don’t know what the shader panel is you’re getting a little bit ahead of yourself jumping in the deep end with characters.

Good news though, there’s a quick fix for that.

The blender team have just published a brand new collection of short but excellent youtube clips designed to get you up to speed as quickly as possible:

Trust me, take a weekend to go through those and get the basics down and you’ll save yourself a lot of time and frustration.

1 Like