DAZ Importer

Not working for me here on 2.81, anyone else experiencing this? It won’t load the model.

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce your problem. Are you sure that the genitals were in the right place before merging?

Rigification converts Daz weights to Rigify weights, so it should work without modifying the weights. However, the Daz and Rigify rigs are different and the translation may be imperfect, so you may need to tweak the weights for optimal deformation.

Downloaded 2.81 alpha yesterday and I did not have any problems. Are you sure that the Daz paths are set up correctly? If you start blender from a console window, are there any error messages?

Yes. I do it by Your manuals.

I have actually found the solution for my question, explained in this thread:

but I leave my original question here, you can igonre it.

(((I have some problems with the finger rolls after rigifying. The deform bones are not keeping the same rolls as it was in the metarig and this causes irregular rotations. (normally bend should be on local X, but somehow it gets messed up)
Can someone confirm this error? Thx

Here shown the metarig (moved a bit) and the deform rig next to it in rest pose.

A newly generated metarig works fine, and I see no reason why this one fails…

I played with it a bit more: there is an other addon, khalibloo panel which also rigifies daz characters, and it has the same problem. (and that is with collada import).
It has a problem with both genezis 8 and 3.
I tried to play with the finger rolls, I even deleted and redraw the bones… but no use… I couldn’t identify what cause this glitch)))

The addon makes sure that X is the main bending axis already when the character is imported. The bone orientation is defined in the duf file, but that orientation is useless because the Y axis does not have to be aligned with the bone in Daz. The roll angles are hence correct when the character is imported, and remain correct after rigification in B2.79, both with and without Rigify legacy mode.

In B2.80, Rigify messes up the roll angles. Rigification can be done in two steps, using the Create Metarig and Rigify Metarig buttons, and the problem is with the second step, which invokes the Rigify addon. I will investigate further later.

Thanks, as I edited in the previous post automatic bone roll calculations are the problem. setting it to manual makes the rig work fine.
Btw with 2.82 it seems significant changes are coming to rigify, i hope it will still work with your addon, it’s great.

Thanks for the info. The plugin now changes roll_alignment to manual automatically.

Hi Thomas,

There seems to be a problem with merging anatomy.
In Blender 2.79, merging always worked as expected whatever version of the plugin is used (I tried 1.3.1 / 1.4.0 and 1.4.1; no problems)
In 2.80, merging works, but the geometry needs to be joined manually, after which all seems ok.
But in 2.81, I am unable to merge anatomy geocrafts, I use geocrafts from 3feetwolf and meipe.

Perhaps you could have a look at it?

Thanks for sharing your plugin!

I downloaded 2.81 yesterday and tested with a few geografts, but didn’t have any problem. Nor do I have to join the meshes manually in 2.80. So I don’t understand what the problem is.

Strange, I tried different settings of your plugin, as well as Blender settings but I cannot get it to work.
If I find something I will let you know.
Are you also using DAZ 4.12 by the way?

Merging geocrafts are working OK, my mistake.
What happened is that I do not like the layout with addons on the right, so I split the viewport and have addons on the left.
It appears that this then causes unexpected results.

Sorry about that!

Hey Thomas,
I know that game engine support is not the focus of your already fantastic addon, but if you could look into it at some point it would be great.
I made this post recently about an old addon which worked on rigify (also worked on the rigified daz characters), but it’s not working in 2.8. Maybe it just requires a small fix… I don’t know… there is more detail in this topic:

Maybe you could take a look in it… or maybe do something similar to help export to game engines. Thx.

Unbelievable update from Mitchy
https://www.veoh.com/watch/v141974697SJfBQxcF

Hey @ThomasL, the last few builds of 2.82 has broke the Rigify portion off the Daz Importer. I think it’s the new version of Rigify 1.61

With 2.81 and Rigify version 1.6 everything still works as normal.

Just giving you a heads up.
Thanks, Tim

@ThomasL, I apologize for contacting you here in the middle of your discussion thread. I’ve been trying to find other methods to contact you :slight_smile: I am General Manager at Daz 3D an would love to talk to you about how we can help with your work. I don’t see a way to direct message you here, but would love to. I’m trying to think of the best way (short of posting my email address or phone number here.) Any chance you can open a support ticket with us, and let them know that I am trying to syn up with you? Or message me through our forums? Takk so mye, og har det bra (Ya, I know it’s Norwegian and not Swedish, but it’s the closest language I know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

NOOOO! THEY’RE HERE FOR OUR ADD-ON!!! Just kidding, that damn cool.

2 Likes

Hello Steven. I have opened a support ticket at the Daz website with my contact info.

3 Likes

So, anything exciting to announce yet? It would be nice if Daz were to give you access to exporting “protected” features like HD morphs and such. Or better yet… Maybe they offered to hire you to work on the add-on fulltime? :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, would definitely like to know what happens.

1 Like