Dddddddrrrruummmssss updated...

UPDATED
ok pretty sure this is all im going to do… i think it’s good… but i dont know anything about lighting or rendering… couldn’t get it to work with indigo…
so heres the blend… http://www.savefile.com/files/1203971
and the finished result…

my work is not for sale but please dont try sell it somewhere else…
thanks…
shanon

Old:

thats it… thanks again… C &C

awesome model!
but, come on, put it in a real scene with better lighting. i mean, who puts drums right infront of a door? and it looks like theres a supernova going off above and behind the camera, the way those cymbals are reflecting shit.
and id drop the B8 and XS and trade them in for some nice HHs or Zildjians.
ps: not much time to comment right now, hence the short post.

hey Stompin tom

thanx for comment…

also… this kit is of my room… where it is in my room… and it is my kit…

if i had money for the cybals would buy them lol…

but yeah… my kit is placed infront of this door… cause the cupboard is full of SHIT lol…

but yeah… i know the lighting is crap;… i really just cant be bothered to fix anything on it anymore.
as it takes lik 2 hours to render… not really but still lol…

thanks… any more comments are most welcome…
thanks again.
shannon

Too bad you’re wasting such a nice model.
Please, try redoing the lighting. Use an area light with about 4 samples and dithering. Put on ambient occlusion. It may take a while to render, but it would be worth it. I say again, it would be a shame to waste this.
Lighting is everything!:wink:

Are you able to share your model or parts of it. I’m sure I could find a use for it- particularly the hi-hat!

I sure agree with Blenditall !
This is a nice job you’ve done !
Mabe you can try to render it with Indigo ?
Or Yafray with full GI.
If will do your nice model justice !

nice but where is the foot pedel for the base drum?

hey everyone again…

yeah ill pick back up on it again soon…
just finished school… so ill pick up on it again…

yeah i have no idea with yafray ay…
i have tried to render with it… and blender justs encouters a problem then closes…

dunno why…

AO is already on…

lighting is crap lol.
ill do new lighting soon and post finished job…

i got over bass drumm…
and once finished ill post the blend file…

thanks everyone for comments…
shannon

Quite the title :).

Very good model pal, very well done! The lighting is indeed pretty awful and if this would be improved, it can make a really cool scene. I know yar done with it, but if you’d try a more atmospheric lighting and camera-angle, you could make a really nice pic with this model.

The tubes that hold the the drum on the right, and other stuff, looks really thick, is this correct? Looks a bit too stout :).

Do try Indigo or a more advanced light-setup in Blender for it’d be a waste of all the work that was put in it to leave it like so.

Cheers!

hey i dont know what you mean by try indigo??
ill post my lighting set up… once i have finished the model…
the bass drum is taking a while lol…

and the tubes are that thick to support the drums.
they have to be that thick :slight_smile:

thans Roger …

shannon

take off AO and it will render a LOT faster. I know slow renders really suck the motivation out of me.

Lol @ StompinTom, tell us what you really think :slight_smile:
I have to agree with everything he said.

It’s a real nice model, and would benefit from a decent lighting setup.
Also you’re textures are suffering from using OSA. Try turning off OSA rendering to 4 times the size of the current pic, then taking that render and sizing it down in GIMP to 4 times as small. Then you have a nicer looking render with kick ass higher resolution textures :smiley:

Also, ‘Indigo’ is a rendered. Like Yafray.
You can find it here:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/

thanks red byte…

will do…

will post finished model sometime this week…

almost finished bass drum ::))))…

shannon

Wow thats hawt! Great model

Thanks borgleader. as i have said… trying to figure the rest out…

if anyone can point me out a way to make a heaps better render…
please do tell…

thanks

shannon

changing the light angle would have the biggest effect, i think, as far as lighting goes. right now it is very on-camera-flash-like which flattens the image and makes it look a bit dead. try putting two lights on either side of the kit, perpendicular to the viewing angle, with a dim fill light to bright the shadows a tad (or just using additive AO). soft shadows would be nice too IMO.
now about the model:

• the rack does seem a little out of scale compared to the rest of the hardware, especially noticeable where it attaches to the hihat. its either that or your hihat legs are a little short/small.
  • the AA crash on the left looks veeery risky, id buy another stand for it, for fear of snapping that boom arm. or maybe i just hit too hard.
  • no hihat clutch? wingnuts on all the cymbals are missing and it seems like youve drilled a new hole in your china; the stand isnt going through the center hole.
  • obvious lack of bassdrum pedal.

again, changing the viewing angle would make the scene more interesting i think.
overall, great job! looking forward to seeing any improvements/changes you might decide to make!
this is also a bit of a kick in the pants for me to finish this model of my drumkit that ive been fucking around with forever. you should try Indigo, i think it would look sick.

hey thanks stopmin tom for all those great sugestions…
i know it is a bit screwed atm… i will do my best to fix everything…
ill also try figure out this indigo thing… dunno what it is but.

thanks again mate…

shannon

hey thanks stopmin tom for all those great sugestions…
i know it is a bit screwed atm… i will do my best to fix everything…
ill also try figure out this indigo thing… dunno what it is but.

thanks again mate…

shannon ohh and make sure you show my your finished kit too :slight_smile:

Yes! I would also like to see what it would look like rendered in Indigo. If your textures are UV mapped, it should be a pretty painless transition.

My brother and sister are both drummers, as was my father. I can tell you all that his layout of the room where the kit sits is fairly accurate. Although I’ve never seen this particular kit in real life, I do know that drummers usually get placed in the smallest, farthest room in a home, which is usually the basement. If others in the house can no longer take the constant pounding and cymbal clashes, you may end up in an adjacent building like the garage or work shed.

Very nice model. Although I would like to know the reason for the complete absence of Neil Peart and Keith Moon posters on the walls?

bah. they get more attention than they deserve.