⚠ DDoS Attack Makes Blender.org Servers Unreachable

People are getting jealous that’s why such attack happen; blender will surpass them all soon as long there is community and creative people who support it.

Working with many tools in the past, I have never felt the freedom of creativity with any tools before until blender 3.0 came with Eevee since then, I throw it all those software’s garbage and focus my full development in Blender only.

And because there is so much creative talent people and community around it the tool get robust more and more.

So never lose hope or felt down because of such behavior it happens even for me my google account was hacked many times, but I don’t really care because the only thing I enjoy is my passion.

3 Likes

Update:

• With the exception of the main blender.org site, all sites appear to be operational again.
  • The Blender team is working on putting Blender.org behind CloudFlare to help mitigate the attacks. This solution is expected to be in place within a few hours.
12 Likes

Thanks for the update !

1 Like

It must be Autodesk! :smiley:

2 Likes

The ongoing DDoS attack seems to be designed to redirect traffic to malicious websites hosting malware or ransomware disguised as legitimate Blender downloads. Recently, hackers used Google Search ads to distribute malware that resembled popular free software, including OBS Studio, VLC, 7-Zip, and CCleaner. This led to prominent YouTube channels being hacked, and individuals had their crypto and credit card information stolen.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Surprised this wasn’t already the case- better late than never though :grin:

3 Likes

That is by far the most plausible explanation I have seen so far.

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s a shame. This probably rly are some kiddies doing this. So useless!!1 xD

Updates:

• Blender.org has been replaced with a temporary ‘light’ version.
  • Francesco Siddi posted the following update:

11 Likes

It appears most of the issues are over now. After running a ‘light version’ yesterday, Blender.org has now been placed behind CloudFlare for DDoS protection and I was able to access it again! :tada:

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me…

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me.

"Gateway Timeout
Server error - server 82.94.226.104 is unreachable at this moment.

Please retry the request or contact your administrator."

Odd - did you see this cloudflare screen?

I wonder if your system has cached the DNS entry for blender.org - it should have changed now that they’re on CloudFlare, but these propagations can take time.

1 Like

I’m checking blender.orfg at work and, as we’re a big company with a complex network setup… I suppose that something could be cached…

No… I just see a full dark grey page (same background color of your screenshot) and after a while I see a white page with that error I’ve reported.

Ah, Francesco’s latest update explains why - type www.blender.org instead of blender.org to access:

4 Likes

it works! :slight_smile:
thank you and welcome back.

1 Like

I was wondering why the docs weren’t working, awful to hear this was a DDOS. Not sure who would do this to an amazing team supplying a free product! Hopefully they can get it back up soon.

In the meantime I also learned you can download Blender via steam

Edit: I think the main website literally just came back up as I was writing this, but as others have said the attack is still on going and not all of the site is back up yet.

1 Like

The amount of inbound DDos traffic is substantial:

4 Likes