Deadpool Statue | Kfir Merlaub Art

The character model accuracy and level of details are really impressive.
The only part that nags me is probably the looks of the test tube carrier.
Something about the way the texture resembles the props found on miniature D&D boardgames.

Other than that, this is a result to strive for. Keep up with the great work.
Cheers.

wondering what was done in Zbrush though? the amount of detail looks to much for blender

Brilliant work! Congrats! :slight_smile:

Another awesome character sculpt. Well done!

I’m just wondering what you start with as your base mesh. Do you have some poseable human models to start from, start with a new simple mesh each time, or something else?

I’ve done very little sculpting in zbrush or blender, but I do like that blender’s dyntopo allows me to not care about topology at all, and the fact it’s in blender with all the other modelling tools and modifiers really gives blender an advantage for getting a rough sculpt going. zbrush has more advanced sculpting and retopology features and handles heavy meshes much better though… maybe eevee will help blender with more detailed meshes.

Simply perfect! no other words…

Thanks so much guys!! :slight_smile:

@ckyeli - Yeah I got to work more on my hardsurfaces! Thanks for letting me know. Next projects I want to make sure these look on same scale as the organic surfaces.

@rombout - I sculpt until the sculpt’s concept is realized no surface details like fine textures, cloth fibers etc. roughly about 4 million verts of scene mesh density and then I move to Zbrush.

@Mr_Flamey - I sculpt directly into the pose, starting with primitives only. This keeps the artistic energy flowing for a 3D design. I only rarely use if ever a tpose. The objects that require symmetry are separated and rotated to their pose position so that their relative symmetry axis is kept (e.g. the head). This is something that Zbrush does not have. So in Zbrush you are, in a way, forced to a tpose and then pose workflow.

For my current projects I find that Blender makes a great tool in the initial steps of realizing an idea in 3D. I sculpt in Blender until I reach a polycount of about 4 million verts. Then the file becomes relatively large and lag begins to become an issue. I did push in previous projects up to 33 million in one Blender project ( https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?391108-The-Violator-Clown-amp-Demon-Digital-Sculpture&highlight=violator ) but had to divide the scene, and try to finish the project as soon as I got to these numbers because Blender was getting very hard to handle.

Now I want to take the time with the details in Zbrush. There I reach a polycount of about 70+ Million verts, until lag begins to show a bit, but still responsive. In a way, if Blender could handle the bulk of high density meshes, say up to 100 Million verts, and allow multires to be functional on raw non retopo meshes, I guess I would stick with Blender all the way. Also Zbrush still is a more refined sculpting environment no doubt. But if Blender supplied these performance specs, that extra touch Zbrush has for sculpting may not be all that necessary if that makes any sense :wink:

Thanks for the explanation. It’s an interesting workflow, and sculpting everything from scratch is fun, and I guess it does mean you get loads of practice - that’s probably why you are so good at these characters :smiley:

Hi Kfir, Excellent as usual.
Did you have the chance to find your way in the industry or to make profites of your sculpting?
You realy deaserve it so I hope you can make it a living.

@pieriko - Thanks man! Yeah I am making my way thank you. I encourage you to visit my Linkedin for more info.
Just recently saw that I missed on responding your pm about a project you offered me, too busy at the time but thanks for contacting me nonetheless.
I saw you have a Gumroad course. I think of maybe someday in the future making a product there too. Looks like a very well made tutorial you created there, I hope you are able to make a living of of it. keep it up bud!

Really a nice and big job!! 5*

Excellent :eek:

damn its awesome deadpool dude, love the artworks :slight_smile:

There’s so much love put into this sculpt, it shows :slight_smile:
The render and presentation do it justice.
Awesome piece, as always!

Love this! Amazing detail

Can’t find anything wrong with this. The attention to detail is astounding

inspiring work!

Amazing realism. You’ve got an enviable eye for detail.

Amazing work. Are you still using GoB to go to Blender from Zbrush and if so what version on Blender are you using? I tried GoB with v2.79b and ZBrush doesn’t seem to recognize it.

Thanks an please keep sharing your amazing work!

Super pro work, and that post filtering on the animation looks great.

That is absolutely brilliant. Well done. And he’s got a terrific pose too! You’ve captured him perfectly. Kudos!