Death Cavern

That was unexpected.

I’m looking forward to this “Death Caverns: Ball version” or whatever it’s called :slight_smile: Good luck.

1 Like

I must say, I am deeply opposed to all this bashing of 13 year olds. People seem to be jumping to conclusions merely just because most people are older. Sorry for this slightly out of the blue response, but there you are. (incidentally, I am also 13 and have been using Blender for about 2-and-a-half years. What a coincidence!)

niiice popsy thanks for the encouragement :smiley: glad to see someone else my age!

Ok everybody please. We need to stop bringing these " pointless" threads back to life. I gave Garet a word of advice and me and him made peace. It was a long battle but it ended up being a draw;). Garet just made a bad first impression. I, and I hope the rest of you are over it. So lets stop posting more stuff not about the BGE of of now. And Garet there are many people around your age, like me. You just don’t need to use age as an excuse.

PLEASE NOBODY REPLY TO THIS!!!

:slight_smile: ~Marshal~:)

Gangstagaret is ambitious and naive. This is true.
But so was every one of us when we got started.
Linus Torvalds was ambitious and naive when he started work on what would become Linux. Look how well that worked out.
That’s an extreme example, but I think you see my point. Just because he is ambitious and naive, this does not mean he will not succeed. I was 11 when I first started with Blender almost 7 years ago. It isn’t easy to learn such a counterintuitive program at that age (and believe me, it was much worse then) but I was determined to learn, and for me at least, it worked out rather well.

Just be nice to him, okay?
He’s just a new person struggling to learn, just like you probably were a few months/years ago. The difference is that when you were trying, there probably wasn’t a huge group of seasoned users purposefully making things difficult for you. BE NICE.

Gangstagaret, I’ve defended you all I can. If they keep it up, I suggest you take this up with a moderator.

Well so much for “do not reply to this post”. I have to agree with Planet person to a certain extent.
I see experienced players in the game laughing at an unexperienced, to a certain extent
The end point was when Gangsta. Wrote, “”screw you”. People I am only 13, and what we have to under stand is that we do and right a lot more stupid things than a adult. Unfortunately Gangsta needs a lot of help after stating he was good in the game engine.
I think that once everyone found out how much of a liar he was, that’s when we lost trust. And when you lose trust you just don’t give a crap anymore.

Anyway I’ll have more to say latter…………………
Check out the new game I’m working on called assumptions on page 2 of the forums’…………………………

Hehe, again something I’ve seen loads of times. Project being started or trying to get started without have some decent concept ideas or art.
Just starting a porject isn’t that easy, I think the only person who really managed to get projects in a really nice state is ST150, if I’m right. Also Hellstation by Peter was really great but that one was made secretly until we found a link here on the forums.

I did loads of projects with Nor.J to archive good AI, Networking, some MMORPG or ORPG and some tries on chat and another cool things, and loads of them failed in lack of knowledge or clear explanation of how we wanted it to work. I even worked on the game called: Dracolith, which contained some really great graphics, features and ideas, but also this one failed to be finished because of problems with the engine.

First I would say, learn a little bit more about the game engine, just having an idea won’t make you finish it. There are loads of problem you’ll encounter when using blender’s engine which you only find by using it a lot and pushing it to the limit. Even I learn new things each time I try something out in the engine and sure I did loads of things with it.

About age, well that doesn’t say anything, Nor.J was if I’m right 12 or 13 (I was there 18) and he actually had wild ideas about AI with python and Networking which he managed to get started and actually working in a certain state, I was amazed about his way of volving things and his great ideas, and yes he was inexperienced with blender, I ofthen helped him, but afther 3 months I was unable to figure out his game sources and I had just a few years more experience. :slight_smile:

dudes, no need to reply to this thread. The game is in progress. Marshal is a great help in this game. If you don’t think this game will turn out all right, then their’s no reason to post at all. Just please wait till it’s done. Yout can’t crit. the game before it’s done. Don’t count your chicken’s before they hatch ;).

I’m 13 too. This game look’s cool, but i don’t like games that have a couple levels then you restart. it bug’s me, but hope you finish it

1 Like

All this attention now…I hope you have something to post soon…

it seems they re are many of us 13 year olds in the community…just pointing that out.:smiley:

Well at the age of around 13 people generally want to start creating games that look like Doom 3. I know I did. And come across Blender.

As long as you don’t expect spontaneous results with just a few clicks. And are willing to learn and take advice from older more mature users who have probably done the same things you are doing. Then you should do okay.

Also trying to start a project to learn how to fail but quiting it before you failed, means you did fail.
You want to create a project that you can complete succesfully, but has room for improvement. This makes you want to go on.

Some of the most sucessful things created in this world were started just for Fun. Keep that in mind.

personally i think Gangstagaret has the right idea stay positive , keep trying and like you said if you fail you will only learn how not to fail the next time, even though i think the game u are making is very possible with enough effort like most things, if you ever need any help im happy to oblige, good luck cant wait to see the game.

ps the game engine forum was never this negative.

I’m just glad i’m getting some positive resoults! I’m almost totally done modeling and scripting the first level! there’s enemies, Treasure chests, Weapons, bosses, etc. I think it’s coming along nicely! I’m hoping to have it compleate in the next week or two! Until then

Rock on \ , , /

Doom 3 is a f!@#@!#!@$##!!@#$#$$%$% awsome game!, but, in the manual, it said there were about 50,000 scripts in the game.

PEOPLE PLEASE!
Stop posting the same thing over and over. I am helping this kid out with simple things. He hasn’t posted a screen shot or a file, so what is there to comment? In the past 24 hours he has posted four threads and all of them are getting to many replies. Try about 2 pages worth:mad: This is getting out of hand everyone is either saying " You suck, I hate you, I thought you quit." or stuff like " dude sweet, I’m 13 too, keep on keeping on" that kind of stuff. Which is not needed for a thread where he just informed us he was making a game. He has no screens or a demo. So there is no reason to keep on adding to these “unesisary” threads. I mean people are still adding to his threads to which he already quit. He has all the help he needs for now, and you people are just critizing nothing. So please stop adding to his threads untill he shows us screens or a demo.
Thanks,
~Marshal~

Exactly, If he just didn’t blatantly lie like that, most of this stuff wouldn’t even be an issue. Serves him right.

Heh, Linus Torvalds was a skilled C programmer well before starting work on Linux.

Also, he had a good background in mathematics and general computer science.

The point is, Linux was a succsess because (unlike the lying Gangsta) Linus knew what he was doing.

Now I know what to do to avoid a dropkick from Social.

Guys honestly just shut up. I’m gunna have to tell a mod to close this. And i don’t see where lying was an issure :confused: i said i’ve had blender for 2 years. Wasn’t a lie. I said i was experienced in the GE, well i was pretty good. Because I made a game for my one friend for school. But then again that game wasn’t just me that was with my team Now i’m making a game on my own with some help from Marshal.

You could be getting this kind of commenting. Becuase it seems you got a “big head”, can you get through doors with it?

Seriously tho telling folk to shut up, blowing your own trumpet saying you are good with blender, without actually showing anything. And insulting people. Doesn’t go down well with most people here.

They will eat you alive for it.

Got any screens of this game, like even if its just a plane?