Decal Scatter: Procedural PBR Decal Distribution

Hi everyone, just completed developing Decal Scatter, the easy way to distribute full PBR decals onto a mesh.

From synchronized patterns to 20 layers of randomly placed leaves, this addon provides an easy way to do everything!

Addon is currently selling for the early bird price of $7.49 launch week only!
After this the price will increase.

More info: https://blendermarket.com/products/decal-scatter

Gumroad: https://gum.co/decal-scatter

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Q: Are other render engines supported or is it limited to Cycles/BI?

The implementation uses cycles material nodes. If you engine supports this, it should be compatible.

1 Like

Is this any different from Scattr?

Major differences:

• Scattr only allows 9 images, with Decal Scatter you could have as many images attached to the BSDF shader as you like.
  • Scattr is painfully slow, this is because it was built using MixRGB nodes.
    Here is an image to illustrate:

This means that Decal Scatter is 6 ^ (number of nodes) faster than Scattr.
Also Decal Scatter adapts to the number of layers you want (if you want 6 layers it will only build 6 unlike Scattr which requires a constant amount)

• Scattr has a weird dependency mess that makes it a pain to apply multiple times. With Decal Scatter it’s just
    1.Select shader
    2.Click add
    3.Mix with current material.

Other minor differences

• Auto-scale for rotation (so edges don’t clip)
  • Up to 20 layers (with good performance even at 20, I could probably push to 50 before it slows down)
  • Removable with 1 click
  • Product support + continued development + bonus resource files.

Sounds like you have some significant advantages over scattr, nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you going to offer this on gumroad? I prefer that to Blender Market these days.

1 Like

Have just added to gumroad :slight_smile:
Will also add my other products there too!

Bought! [ten character filler]

1 Like

Can work sort of kaleidoscope with the right setup… :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice, reminds me of all the bug fixing I had to do where it would turn out like this normally :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’ve just added an update so that you can use this addon with Blender 2.80.

You can download this for free from the product files, on whichever platform you purchased!

Enjoy :smiley: