DECALmachine

The easiest way to combine maps in Substance Painter. It is even more convenient than bake all together because the result is more pure and easy to edit. and additional cards (Curvature, AO) can be used immediately to generate dirt and damage only for decals.

Watch this https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/demo_combine_bakes/

Thanks. For me Export options like Decalbakedown do not apperar; btw it would be great to have audio on the videos with more explanation of the processes. It seems to be a very decent tool (congrats), but sometimes it is not easy to folow (also involving other 3ds party tools does not make using it easy).

PS: Have you got my email?

Thanks, I would like to avoid using Substance Painter at the moment (I do not like it because of its UX) and keeping it inside Blender. Also at the moment I have no idea how to put them together inside SP.

This video has all the necessary information: https://youtu.be/YCUV8pS7MXQ

1 Like

Thanks. It results error in Blender bakedown.

I have never encountered a bug when working bakedown. So in this case you should write MACHIN3.

1 Like

Please follow the process outlined in the docs. https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/decal_export_basics/
Atlast creation > Export Group creation > Export Target selection

I have received your mail and will respond ASAP.

Updated, narrated videos will likely be done for the 2.80 release of DM. In the meantime, the written docs are the best you will find in the blender addon ecosystem.

Not here.

BTW if I had time and you are interested/open, I would write a UX-related list how IMO features should be organized and work for a more user-friendly workflow.

I deleted it. BTW a public discussion - even related to bugs - could save time for you, too with more users involved who could help out each other. I send you a mail.

90% of the problems that get reported are related to PIL and it’s the same over and over again. There’s no reason to polute this thread with this stuff.
The other 10% tend to need an understanding of the codebase, which excludes everyone but myself.

Public discussion of DM usage is encouraged to happen here. Errors should get reported via mail.
There’s also other things to consider, such as piracy. I don’t want to waste my time on non-customers, which is why I ask for a proof of purchse in private.

I accept the piracy stuff as a valid argument from my point of view (even if 99% of addons I bought and I bought a lot offers support on this forum).
On the other hand - even if you make a ‘customers only’ forum elsewhere and keep this for marketing purposes - there is a big plus from customer-side: the time pressure what works for the customer (other users could see what happens with a public report).

I just bought an addon last week and the coder does not seem to do anything related to the issue; I will possibly go for a refund and that is good if it is public, warns other future customers.

Hi Guys,

could you help me with some quick tips? Thanks.

1. If I would like to put a decal on a cylinder (as an example), keeping it aligned horizontally-vertically, avoiding unwanted rotations… how could I do that? With ‘G’ it rotates ‘accidentally’.

2. When matching panel colors to the base color is there a way to adjust all subset colors together or copy color value from one RGB node to the other?

Thanks

If there is a problem with uncontrolled rotation after placing the decal, I move to edit mode and set the coordinates to local and fix everything manually. In general it is quite convenient to work with decals through edit mode. Especially when it comes to a large number of identical elements that need to be placed in a strictly certain way.

1 Like

Thank you. I hoped I missed something, like pressing an additional key for keeping it straight. I did your solution with manual positioning.

What a possible future solution could be from development side:

1. Select the needed face/edge we want to use as ‘median’ for the decal in Edit mode
  2. Adding the decal with aligned to the ‘selected’ part (Horizontally/Vertically/Both aligned).

Don’t you have an idea for copying RGB values between RGB Cycles nodes? The ‘Match’ function only handles one subset.

Thanks

The way 3d is a way of compromises. And crutches.
Perhaps there are other ways to cope with the rotation of decals, but I am frankly lazy to look for them.
In general, the snap and placement tools are very well implemented in Modo. Hopefully someone will be able to do something similar in the form of a plugin for Blender.

I use Blender only for modeling, so I can not help in this matter.

It seems creating decals for me takes too long. Anyone? I’ve seen in one of the videos it shouldn’t take longer than a few seconds?

If you’d share a blend file, people could check how long it takes for them or perhaps spot mistakes that cause the issue.

When I have such a problem:

• Save blend file
  • load factory settings
  • activate your addon (decalmachine)
  • same problem?