Deep Space Exploration

hey guys, this is my first properly finished finished project.
Modelling: blender (duh!)
textures: planet texture made in photoshop, asteroid texture with blender textures
Post Processing: photoshop
Render time: faster than you think
enjoy!

Attachments

pleae dont let this thread go unnoticed…:frowning:

i poured my heart, soul and skill into this!

so nobody will even care to comment…sigh

Well, your planet looks like you simply made a sphere and applied a texture to it. Lower the specularity, maybe put a bit of normal mapping to it or something else than this.
Asteroids look fine, but the shadows are too sharp, imo. Spaceship is a big blur so I can’t comment that.
It could be a nice pic but you should fix some of the obvious problems.

And replying to your own thread with no reason is not cool.

Damn man, wait a while before bumping, then try to make a legit excuss for bumping.

Your lighting is inconsistent. The planet is mostly back lit but the asteroids and spaceship are lit from all sides.

erm. it seems anything i post on finished projects automaticlly gets a bad response… ok i will lower the specularity.

Here’s a quick paintover thingy gummi I made. The green lines make really rough golden section divisions. Look at the places where two green lines cross near the corners of the picture. Some one once told me the details you want someone to pay attention to should be close to these points(might have been an art teacher or the guy who gave our class lessons on using camera properly or both).

Attachments

uhm. i like it

Well, your planet looks like you simply made a sphere and applied a texture to it

yes. BUT! i hand made the texture in photoshop. nearly killed me…

Well…Why don’t you put that space ship in the foreground of your picture? That would give it a clear focusing point. The asteroids could be placed around the ship to give the impression that ship has to pass through some asteroid belt. I would add more asteroids and vary a bit more on their size.
The other things have already been said: light and textures still need some work.

Anyway, I like the general idea of the picture and if you just put some more time in it it could turn out quite ok.

erm. it seems anything i post on finished projects automaticlly gets a bad response… ok i will lower the specularity

woah dude, you sounded like Cyborg Dragon there for a second. but you saved youself by taking the advice.

its not soooo bad… maybe some dry looking ice on the astroids would look cool. and space dust floating around.

Most of the stuff has allready been said! Additionally loose the lensflare it looks bad

yea, the lens flare looks…stupid…any ideas on how to make a good sun?

ok, completely remade the image. i made the planet considerable different, and i gave the asteroids an icy touch and sorted out lighting isuues. the ship is also flying through the asteroids. i may add some “space dust” or change the planet later on.

Attachments

much better, just try to work on the asteroids, they look too smooth, the spaceship and the world look very nice