For the past few months (coming up to 6 now) I have been working on a 6DOF game based on Descent. It was originally planned to be a clone, but it has grown since then, and will be a bit more than that!
The final product will not be sold, it is purely a game for fun, and is free to be distributed, at any stage of completion to anyone. It is using the BGE internal game engine in multi-texture mode. It is designed to run on almost any computer.
While I am good at modeling, and python and the other basic BGE necessaries, there are a few things I have issues on, mainly being Texturing and Level Design and also Concept art.
Recently I started a website for this game.Going there will often tell you more about current progress than this thread, as this thread is just generally for recruiting.
The most recent public release can be found at over at sourceforge.
It is available as blends or as an exe.
Last update was on [12/11/2011]. A new release is planned within the next month.
Who Can Join:
Anyone who can model, texture or anything really. You don’t have to be the best, just willing to have a go.
Having a dropbox account would be good, as that is how I am collaborating the files.
1)Madman - possibly retired
1) TWSAdmin - possibly retired
People from other forums, who have any of the above skills
- Many many more
I am happy to work with as many people as who want to join, and you can join either long term or short term, you can be at any stage of learning to use blender. If you have some skill that I have not asked for above, then ask and I will evaluate whether I need it or not (I will probably say yes).
- Flight controls, steering and maneuvering
- 5 primary weapons (energy based), 3 of 5 secondarys (missiles and bombs. Includes homing)
- Basic Python AI capable of movement and attacking. None yet that can chase you though…
- Some levels to test the game in. (and some of the in-between level stuff)
- Ship selector (Disabled due to being buggy)
- Advancing enemy AI (Always can be done)
- Level Making
- More enemy robots (modeling etc)
- Anything that pops up, bugs etc.
- Ship selector attempt 2