Defining/resetting objects rotation

Well, here goes nothing… I’m a new member of this forum community so I’m sorry if I may seem bit timid what with minding the forum rules and all but I hope we’ll get along.

Anyhoo, I’ve been working on a simple game project during my free-time, just to get myself familiar with the procces as well finding good ways to manage the workflow in case the project becomes a serious attempt.
The game’s a simple physics game where you try to keep the ball on the platform (the platform is player controlled, you tilt it by pressing certain keyboard buttons).

However, I’ve stumbled on trying to include an reset function where by pressing the defined button, the platform would resets it’s rotation back to it’s default, starting values. I wasn’t able to find nor see fitting logic bricks in BGE so I quess it has to be a Python scripted event.

How should I approach this dilema with Python, is what I’m asking humbly some help for.

PS: The platform is defined as “Static” object in the Physics panel (otherwisely the ball would just fall trough the platform).

Define an action with a keyframe that contains your reset pose.

On reset play this action with this pose. It can be a one frame play.

Sorry about slow response but thank you so much Monster, your advice works like a charm. Gotta keep the keyframing trick in mind as it seems mighty usefull…

Nonetheless, thanks once more.

Sorry for slow response but thank you Monster, your advice works like a charm! Gotta keep the keyframe trick in mind as it seems mighty usefull…
Nonetheless, thanks once more.