Delta City

Thanks a lot :wink:

This is awesome! The extra bit of lore really adds something to it.

1 Like

Lot of thanks to you, tried to add a bit of lore to each illustration recently. It’s somthing I really missed to do on previous stuff.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea! It really helps build a “world sense” for me. By that I mean the feeling that this is only a glimpse into a much larger world.

I also love the functional design of the buildings. The form, the materials, and the environment all match the intent, and give so much significance to each component. I can see how well planned this was!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Many thanks Bart.
Wish you an awesome week end too.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Looks like the color is skewing (or hue-shifting) because of Filmic.

My hacky attempt to reform the Eevee base image with AgX:

Comparison with your original:

1 Like

I’m starting the happy dance right now :wink:
Have a great day.

1 Like

You probably right.

I didn’t check what the layout looks like in standard mode, but with the massive overpaint and photobash on it, it’s finally not so noticeable at the end.

I always forget that the filmic mode isn’t accurate. But I assume as well I enjoyed the shifting without knowing it :wink:

Re Final Image:
The skyline looks amazing.

The water wells’ are quite interesting, they look like giant medieval wine goblets/cups…upside down :upside_down_face:

The water, being the main theme, looks really good.
A little confused about the direction of the ‘waves’, passing the boat and from bottom center of image?

Nice image in general, many interesting aspects to catch the eye :100:

1 Like

I think you got it wrong :sweat_smile:

The “standard” view transform is actually way worse than Filmic. For better results you really need to use AgX or TCAMv2 etc.

As mentioned my above re-formed image was with AgX.

EDIT:
For your reference:

Your orange in your image is crushed into yellow, just like the Filmic sweep in my above screenshot. Using “Standard” sRGB view transform would not do you any better since the crushing to yellow is even more ugly in the “Standard” view.

1 Like

Wow the difference is just crazy regarding the spectrum stripes. I definately dig into this.

Thanks a lot for the information, I was totally unaware of that.

Thanks a lot.

You made a point on the waves, I probably mix the original water and the overpainted/bashed one in a funky way. :sweat_smile:

I wouldn’t call it spectrum stripes, these are just colors mixture by sRGB/Rec.709 primaries. Real spectrum stripes would require spectral rendering I believe :rofl:

Yeah sure, but I didn’t find a better way to call this at the time. But you understood what I mean. I tried to translate the French I had in mind but a bit too straight forward^^

1 Like

Hello Folks,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this creative piece of art!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step and you can also learn about making interesting environments.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

1 Like

Many thanks again @cgqueen wish you all the best :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #landscapes category! You can vote for it here.