Demo:Creating your own Collisions w/o Dynamic Objects

Ok this works great for Characters, cuase I like using Dloc and RLoc and it always goes though things so I came up with a set of logic brick too not only stop that but also create your own bounding box in 2.25! You can add more bounding boxes or any other shape for that mattter for more percise collisions.

Now this is not perfect it you set the damn Dloc to like 100 there is no way that damn this is going to stop ^_^, Also hanzo animated my char I gotta thank for that!

Demo:
http://www24.brinkster.com/xingo/gorillandgirl.blend

I used Radiosity and set it to where it does not create any extra vertice :slight_smile: but it is still slow…

hitachi can i put a mirror up? this looks promising and i also would like to help out if its possible

yeah sure! i’ll be adding my own gravity :slight_smile: in python soon as well. so it can act on on drops and rises

Heay, cool stuff, I can really use this, now it will never walk trough anything. Only one usefull tip: chance the action actuator from loop end to loop stop, because when I start walking with joanne and suddenly stop, she will play the total animation until its finished, so loop stop makes it when you stop, Joanne will also stop and not make some last steps, but Whats matters, Maybe you can fix a collision problem for me, I made a real world (sphere) add a empty in the center of it, and a object at the surface of the sphere, then I parented it to the empty, and add some naviagtion to the empty. How can I make this object walk up and down, like stairs? I still can’t figure it out, but it should be a real challenge. This is the blend file http://home.hetnet.nl/~jdvhulst/sources/worldsimulation.zip

i made a script that rotates a dynamic guy so he can go around a world. it used 2 scripts; one for rotating and the other for gravity. it was used on the cow bonus level of my contest game. id make a simpler file, but have no file hoster right now.

I remember messing with this stuff a long time ago, but there are some problems. You’re character can’t be moving fast, or he/she will get stuck in the objects. The game would have to go pretty slow.

Pooba

Actrally it workes for me to go faster…once it goes past 1 though it tends to get iffy but even thats is really fast!

Also the reason for that is its moveing so fast your computer can’t catch the collision or touch…Thats the same for dynamic objects they will go though anything at certain speed becuase it cant catch the collision fast enough, and I really would have to idea how to improve that really.

As for the animation thing :slight_smile: i know I just have to add more logics to the armature, but evently I will get this into a python script becuase well I dont like adding tons of logic then it just gets to confusing for me if I leave it alone for a week. But I am glad you liked it and hope it is usefull…

The Whole point of this is to not use dynamics becuase well my character has no need for it, and thats frees a lot running room. A thing I can really see this useful is basicly fighting games you can add what ever kinda mesh and animate with the mesh to bound it creating more actrate collision :slight_smile:

Maybe you can fix a collision problem for me, I made a real world (sphere) add a empty in the center of it, and a object at the surface of the sphere, then I parented it to the empty, and add some naviagtion to the empty. How can I make this object walk up and down, like stairs? I still can’t figure it out, but it should be a real challenge

Well if its steps you can do multi-material and use the touch sensor and when it touches the material it can move upward and forward. But for waymore acruate movement I’d use python. I am not sure of this is possible get the face in which you hit and get you current direction and use a litte bit of trig to calculate the degree in elevation and based on that degree you could tangent it to get the distance of the degree to travel and start over…

If your using dynamic objects though just create an invisable ramp and go up like that.

One way to improve it would be to check if the dynamic object will be on the other side of a face in 1, 2, 3, or more frames later than now. But this can be costly. I think the new solid has better collisions, so it will be interesting to see.

I tried many things lke touch sensor, collision, but the problem isn’t getting the object up and down, but when it goes up and down, the empty will also go up and down, and when it does that, the object won’t walk around the world but just go trough it, because the empty isn’t in the center of the sphere. So is there a way to stretch the parented lin? because when this is possible, the whole problem is fixed, and than I can make a godsimulation of it, with a never ending world, could be nice for adventure game, no more edges of the end of a level :smiley: